“Hard to find, but worth the search.”

Tiger Lily Chinese Cuisine
Ranked #371 of 609 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Casper Wyoming
“Hard to find, but worth the search.”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Small, family operation, BIG shrimp in the Sweet/Sour, BIG pieces of chicken in the Orange Chicken, Fresh, homemade sauces, delicious "Spring Rolls", everything with very light, very crispy breadilng

Visited February 2012

“ENJOYABLE CHINESE FOOD”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

My husband had the Kung Pao Triple Delight, and I had the chicken curry with coconut milk. As I don't do spicy, I requested mild.
The service was prompt and attentive without being overly so.

When we were served our order, there was very little talking as we were enjoying our lunch so much. In fact, we both almost licked our plates clean!

• Visited February 2012
“A Taste of China”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

A bit hard to find tucked into the corner of a strip mall west of the CSU campus, but worth the search. Many of my friends and I have traveled in Asia and pretty much agree that the flavors are more like the authentic flavors found there than most of the Asian restaurants in Fort Collins (South China is another exception). The retaurant is very plain, but service is good and food is tasty.

“I'll be coming back!”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I'm pretty picky when it comes to Chinese food - it seems like a lot of places try to veil poor quality food with a lot of sauce, but this was definitely not the case with Tiger Lily's food. I had the sesame chicken and it was big chunks of meat that you could actually tell was chicken! The sauce was light and a perfect balance of salty and sweet. I did carry-out and my order was ready in 10 minutes, hot and delicious! I'm definitely coming back!

• Visited December 2011
Fort Collins, Colorado
“The food at Tiger Lily is beyond delicious”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Fear holds us back from experiencing a lot of things in life. Holding us back from telling someone how we feel, from making a leap in a career move, from taking risks. This is so true for our culinary experiences. Fear often holds us back from enjoying a variety of rarely eaten or unfamiliar foods. We're comfortable in our little palate boxes of familiar taste and texture, often times unwilling to break those self-created boundaries. What is it that we're so afraid of tasting? Is an unfamiliar food that scary of a prospect? Is it the disappointment in paying for something you might not like? Is it the unjust idea that an unknown food holds a higher risk of illness?

Whatever the case may be, that food fear limits not just the eaters' experiences but the community as well. Here in Fort Collins, we are subject to mainstream restaurant after mainstream restaurant - same style, same taste. Fear of the unknown is holding so many of us back it's about time we break free.

When I drove up to Tiger Lily for lunch with the kids and a couple of friends, I felt that fear. The exterior was rundown and sandwiched in between medicinal marijuana shops and a plasma bank on West Elizabeth. Walking through the doors wasn't much better - a disorganized counter of cluttered papers and ads, an outdated atmosphere that was suffocatingly dark and unsettling. A bathroom that I almost regretted letting The Preschooler use. This was not a comfortable place to eat and we hadn't even sat down to order yet.

We looked over the menu, intrigued with the claims of healthier cooking techniques that reduce the amount of fat by 30%, ingredients like whole wheat, no artificial colors and preservatives like MSG, and dishes like multi-grain rice. The menu looked fantastic. Taking a deep breath, we ordered.

The food at Tiger Lily is beyond delicious. Some dishes weren't mind-blowing, but some were terrific. It was certainly worth gathering up the courage to walk through the unappealing dining room and make our order. We were not disappointed! While the staff were incredibly friendly and sweet (especially with the boys), I think I'd much rather enjoy take-out, eating their food in the comfort of my own home.

• Visited October 2010