“bad service, food, and ..”

Austin's American Grill - North
Ranked #8 of 622 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Description: Austin's American Grill is the quintessential taste of Colorado. With two great Fort Collin's locations-one in the heart of Old Town and another on Harmony Road, we'll have you wondering why mom's food never tasted so good and when you can come back for more. Savory roasts and chicken cooked over an open flame in our front-of-the-house rotisserie. All-natural buffalo seasoned to perfection. Cornbread baked in iron skillets and drizzled with honey and butter. Signature cocktails sweetened with fresh-squeezed fruit juice. Plus, our decadent desserts are made fresh daily, giving you an excuse to stop in for a slice that reminds you of home. So grab a friend and make plans to meet at the red umbrellas. There's a reason Austin's is one of Northern Colorado's favorite destinations.
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We (5)went to eat lunch at around 1 pm . . only 2 other tables on patio and they had their food. We ordered hamburgers and a grilled cheese. 20 or more min.pass. The waiter's response. "we got busy a minute ago". We were there before a "minute ago" then the "manager" brings our food with more excuses "hamburgers were burnt so, I told them to re do them" the hamburgers were not only still burnt and came from a warmer. the grilled cheese was hard'.Two folks at our table are in the Food/restaurant biz . It is hard to pull the fast one . I live in Fort Collins and there are many restaurants. Austin's is "not the last Coca cola in the desert"..so, folks participate in other restaurants that are tucked away and have wonderful food and service. I will share my story and I won't be back.

2  Thank LaCatalina22
Hcc R, Public Relations Manager at Austin's American Grill - North, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear LaCatalina,
Thank you for your feedback on your dining experience at Austin's American Grill. Please contact me at your earliest convenience lindsey@hotcornerconcepts.com
Kind regards,
Lindsey

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Nearly every year, for some years I have visited Ft Collins. I'm from the UK. Anyway, most nights and most lunchtimes I eat at Austin’s. I guess that they have numerous fine competitors – but rarely have I felt inclined to stray away. It’s hard to pick holes in the overall offering although the desert menu is a bit unimaginative. The food is tasty, the portions are good, the value is great and the service-with-a-smile is, it seems, de rigeur. My favourites include: Coconut Shrimp, Black and White Bean Chicken Chilli, Buffalo Burger and Triple Chocolate Cake – but not all at the same time.

Everything is, from direct personal experience, predictably good. In a word, dependable. Clean and obviously family-friendly too. I unhesitatingly recommend this place.

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We wanted a great place to have dinner while visiting some friends in Colorado and they love this place so we went... The service was excellent our waiter was friendly and professional, the food was excellent we had the prime rib and it was cooked perfectly!!! The restaurant has a great vibe we can't wait to go back!!!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Used to come here all the time with coworkers for happy hour. The deep fried crab stuffed avocados were to die for. Nice patio seating. Food has always been good but can be a bit overpriced making happy hour a better time to go.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The wait staff was wonderful, I think we had Lauren, she was a very sweet girl that was patient with us as we asked several times for more time to decide. The Mojitos are good!! Perfect mix between sour and sweet. I had ribs and chicken, the chicken was tender and perfectly cooked. The ribs were a dry run and were very good, however I should have asked for barbeque sauce but I did not, me bad. The restr. is clean and well managed, I would recommend this place.