“Great food, awful service”

Fiona's European Delicatessan
Ranked #180 of 623 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Fiona's catered my wedding last year and one of the selling points was that they would remake the top tier of the wedding cake for our one year anniversary. However, a week before they didn't answer their phone the four times I called. I left 3 voicemails with my phone number and a request for a return call. Two days before our anniversary I took time off my hourly job to drive across town and order the tier (something I would have preferred to do over the phone). They tried to charge me but when I told them I had been informed that it was included they waved the fee. I came back on our anniversary and they have me a cake that differed from our wedding cake. I let them know and they said to come back in 3 hours, because they'd remake the cake and it would need to cool before they could frost it. I came back in a little under 3 hours and was thrilled it was already done! I took it home and my husband and I cut it to discover they hadn't remade it at all, and instead had only covered the old cake with a new layer of frosting. I called the next day to complain and they said they hadn't even had a baker in the day before and fixed it to the best of their ability. Which I would have been 100% fine with if they hadn't lied to me that they'd remake it completely. I can't believe the level of customer service we received after coughing up $400 for the wedding cake we didn't have time to have more than one bite of last year. I would not recommend Fiona's for your catering needs. Food is wonderful but it's useless without quality service.

1  Thank JM1701

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Fiona's was an afterthought. This mistake will not happen again. We had shopped the Farmer's Marker in a nearby parking lot on a Sunday and were looking for somewhere to eat lunch inexpensively.
The menu is long with complete descriptions and hand-written on a very large blackboard, so one spends a bit of time reading above their heads and making choices. The restaurant is in a long and narrowish space, as they do their own baking and catering onsite. The décor is simple and many things are hand-painted, and all including the restrooms is very clean.There is also a fun coffee bar available with lots of flavors and choices. The breads for the sandwiches are all fresh and indicated on the menu. The food items are served hot if they are supposed to be and with some delish homemade sweet potato fries. Beware of the wonderful desserts! Many fabulous things to chose from and that's where the decision making becomes really hard. Soft drinks and bottled beverages are also available. Portions are healthy sized so maybe some will want to split an order. We chose not to so we all could taste one another's.
Fiona's will be most happy to cater your next event, too.
The people who work here seem to enjoy their work and this shows.
Will visit Fiona's again next time I'm in town.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Use to live in Fort Collins and recently went back for a friend's wedding. I always make sure to stop at Fiona's for lunch. There are so many sandwich choices - it can be hard to choose. I like #17 (bbq chicken, bacon, cheddar on sourdough), #42 (chicken, bacon, raspberry chipotle sauce and brie) and #37 (salmon, caesar salad in a pita). They have veggie choices as well. Portions a little big for the sandwiches, use to take half home when I lived there.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Fantastic Reubens on home made bread. It's a little expensive but the quality is always great. Relatively quick service, plenty of seating.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Good sandwiches with good types of fresh bread to choose from. They make handmade cakes and other deserts as well. They have an ice cream bar in the back of the restaurant, but they close at 6pm which is way before we could get over there after dinner for desert. Overall, nice atmosphere and prompt service. The food is tasty and would recommend for lunch.