“Happy Surprise”

Cuisines: Mexican
Colorado
“Happy Surprise”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I have NO idea why it took me so long to try La Luz. I can’t think of an excuse. I can only tell you that I wish I had adventured through this restaurant’s doors years ago.
The menu is simple but there is plenty to choose from. So far (I plan many returns to La Luz) my favorite entre has been the gourmet veggie burrito. Be sure to order it (and all of the burritos!) smothered in green chile sauce. If you are picky about your green chile, this is the place for you. Yum.
The drinks? Excellent. Plentiful. Cheap.
All of this brings me to the price. I simply cannot believe that the food served at La Luz is this cheap. I selfishly hope that La Luz maintains this price point.

Visited April 2014

Ft Collins
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

The menu seemed promising. I had the Fajitas Burrito. Presentation was so dry looking although I guess I did have a choice of having it smothered for $1.50 more. The server said that there was a salsa bar in the back. I tried the medium salsa---bland, then borrowed my husband's mild salsa----just didn't have a salsa taste, then switched burritos with his because he had the Atomic burrito--name sounds tasty, right? Chicken and steak!! Bland. Was actually looking for the salt on the table-which I never use.....but it was not there. For dessert a friend ordered the sopapilla which only solidified my argument about how those are never good. Neither my husband or the friend liked it. Started out puffy, but then thinner than I've ever seen. Bottom line....we were disappointed......maybe everyone goes there for the drinks??

• Visited June 2014
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Service was so slow had to leave”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Just visited La Luz for first time. The place wasn't even crowded and after about 45 minutes of just waiting for a taco, several patrons including us decided to leave. They blamed on new chef, but if service was that slow they should have stopped sitting people or given out coupons to come back later. Many other places to go in Ft Fun.

• Visited May 2014
Fort Collins, Colorado
“It USED TO BE our favorite restaurant”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We used to go to La Luz every week. It had fabulous food (we loved their spinach and black bean quesadillas and their fish quesadillas) and friendly, easy service. It was our favorite place! But that was before La Luz moved to their new location, stuck in a giant bar and crammed diners into a line of teeny, uncomfortable tables. So now the focus is booze, and the heck with people who want to eat. And besides that, their fancy margaritas taste terrible!

• Visited September 2013
Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Mexican Food!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Great fish tacos and the Atomic burrito a must. Fast, friendly service and a nice selection of salsas and tequila to choose from. A++

Visited January 2014