“BEST MEXICAN FOOD IN FORT COLLINS!”
Review of 3 Margaritas Family Mexican - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Fort Collins, Colorado
“BEST MEXICAN FOOD IN FORT COLLINS!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I have dined so often at this restaurant that the manager and all the servers know us on a first name basis! Hands down, the BEST Mexican food in Fort Collins, if not the entire Denver Metro area (and we've lived just about everywhere, so trust me, I know)! Take a fun, authentic Mexican atmosphere and combine it with the best food you've ever eaten and service that can't be beat, and this is 3 Margaritas in Fort Collins. Rumor has it the restaurant may be moved due to the remodeling of the entire Foothills Mall, but you can rest assured that this gal will drive to the ends of the Earth if need be to visit their new location!!

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank GoldenMom80525

“Favorite Mexican Restaurant!!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Wow I am disappointed to see such poor reviews of this restaurant. I grew up on Mexican food, and 3 Margaritas id one of the best Mexican restaurants I've been to in the States. It's where I have my Birthday dinner EVERY year. The atmosphere is one of my favorite things about this place, the waiters are always zipping around with hot dishes bringing wonderful smells from the kitchen. Sometimes they have a mariachi band preform around the restaurant, which I also love. My favorite dishes on the menu are the tosdadas (add some of the salsa they serve with the chips!) and the fajitas, but make sure you save room for fried ice cream!! The margaritas are great, though I haven't tried them all. Ha You cannot beat the service here, I have been coming for so many years that the wait staff has changed a few times, and they've always been excellent.

3 Thank Cmmead
El Dorado Hills, California
“LOVED this family owned place!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife, Daughter and I went to this place on the advice of the Marriott Fort Collns. We had a wonderful dinner! We are from California and have some great selections of different types of Mexican food there, but I have to say this was in our top ten!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank PortugueseMan
Fort Collins, Colorado
“At one time they were very good...”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I went there tonight because I had a need for a crisp beef chimichanga, and they are close by. The parking lot, entry and reception desk area were filthy. I sat at the bar and ordered the special of the day Gold marg. It was OK but little Tequila flavor. Anyway, I attempted to order the deep-fried chimichanga al la carte to go from the bartender and was immediately double-teamed by the lurking floor manager. Between the 2 of them it was pointed out that for $2 more I could get guacamole, sour cream, lettuce, beans and rice. OK, I go with it. It arrives, I pay and head home. The chimi might have been dipped in the fryer as they walked past it, but no more. It was a burrito. The large amount of rice had no flavor and there was a couple tablespoons of beans. Bottom line: it sucked.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank dmogie
Fort Collins, Colorado
“3 Margaritas: Colorado chain restaurant, with locations all over Colorado.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

~~~
I hate giving so so reviews, however, what can I say? This place is average at best. I would not go out of my way to eat at this 3 Margaritas. I must admit, I've not been very impressed by the others either.

The staff at this location is a mix of English speakers and some who speak next to none. Immediately that sends up a Red Flag with me! Our waitress did speak OK english. There is no doubt, spanish is the preferred language of choice at this location.

Our food was very average! We were seated in the bar as most everyone else was too!
If I have one issue with any restaurant, it's seating a table full of children right next to couple eating dinner, it just does not work! In this case, Open Up The Dining Room, stick those kids away from everyone else!!! We don't want to listen to the noise.

Other posters here mentioned a lack of maintenance to diningroom/bar. I agree with that statement and would say the whole building looks kinda in dis-repair. This location Foothills mall is under re-developement so good times are ahead for the area. As for 3 Margaritas, It's not my 1st choice in Fort Collins, that's not to say, someone couldn't drag me back in there again for a business lunch someday,hopefully not soon.

• Visited November 2012