“At one time they were very good...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Fort Collins, Colorado
“At one time they were very good...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I went there tonight because I had a need for a crisp beef chimichanga, and they are close by. The parking lot, entry and reception desk area were filthy. I sat at the bar and ordered the special of the day Gold marg. It was OK but little Tequila flavor. Anyway, I attempted to order the deep-fried chimichanga al la carte to go from the bartender and was immediately double-teamed by the lurking floor manager. Between the 2 of them it was pointed out that for $2 more I could get guacamole, sour cream, lettuce, beans and rice. OK, I go with it. It arrives, I pay and head home. The chimi might have been dipped in the fryer as they walked past it, but no more. It was a burrito. The large amount of rice had no flavor and there was a couple tablespoons of beans. Bottom line: it sucked.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank dmogie

Fort Collins, Colorado
“3 Margaritas: Colorado chain restaurant, with locations all over Colorado.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

~~~
I hate giving so so reviews, however, what can I say? This place is average at best. I would not go out of my way to eat at this 3 Margaritas. I must admit, I've not been very impressed by the others either.

The staff at this location is a mix of English speakers and some who speak next to none. Immediately that sends up a Red Flag with me! Our waitress did speak OK english. There is no doubt, spanish is the preferred language of choice at this location.

Our food was very average! We were seated in the bar as most everyone else was too!
If I have one issue with any restaurant, it's seating a table full of children right next to couple eating dinner, it just does not work! In this case, Open Up The Dining Room, stick those kids away from everyone else!!! We don't want to listen to the noise.

Other posters here mentioned a lack of maintenance to diningroom/bar. I agree with that statement and would say the whole building looks kinda in dis-repair. This location Foothills mall is under re-developement so good times are ahead for the area. As for 3 Margaritas, It's not my 1st choice in Fort Collins, that's not to say, someone couldn't drag me back in there again for a business lunch someday,hopefully not soon.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Phoenix, Arizona
“Not Southwest Mexican”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

While the service was good - friendly hostess and wait staff, the food was very bland for Mexican - salsa tasted like plain tomatoes. However their margaritas are certainly not lacking in alcohol!

Visited October 2012
Laramie, Wyoming
“Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Fairly decent meal. Similar to "On the border". Reasonably priced, good service, bar, and patio seating.

Visited July 2012
Colorado
“Food good but place is dirty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

My son and I ate here recently. The food is good, the service was adequet, the atmosphere was nice but the place was dirty. It could use a good cleaning! The outside needs some repairs.

• Visited September 2012