“Mediocre food, costs more than it is worth.”
Review of Farmer's Table Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Farmer's Table Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Located across the street to the north from King Soopers, our "new" location has a pick-up window (call in your order, please) and an outdoor patio for sunny days (dogs welcome). If our parking lot is full, please park in front of or beside Dominoes - avoid parking anywhere near the laundromat (that guy tows!) - or across the street in the King Soopers' lot.
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Service was fine, but the food was pretty mediocre. We went for breakfast, and I was pretty disappointed with the food. The green chile was pretty lame - mostly vinegar and not at all spicy/hot. Quantity of food was fairly sparing, especially considering the price. I think everything on the menu was about $1-$3 too much, especially with the quantity and quality of the food. It seems as though this place gets by on the college kids, and that's all. We will find somewhere else to go next time.

Lenka_493, Owner at Farmer's Table Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

I am sorry that you had a less than stellar experience at the Farmer's Table. We have had some recent staff turmoil, part of which may have resulted in poor portion control. Most of the time, people are complaining that they were given too much food, rather than too little. Thank you for your feedback.

There are newer reviews for Farmer's Table Restaurant

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

So, I literally just left this place, and I am in shock at how awful we were just treated. First, I must say the host guy was very sweet. He was very helpful and very sweet. Another waitress sat us and brought us water in clear plastic mugs. One of which was incredibly dirty. I scratched the dirt of the INSIDE of the cup. So we asked for another and the same girl said it was just an old cup not dirty but brought us another. It was dirty! Second our meal of just eggs, cheese and toast came out after the table next to us, who came in after we did. No biggie on that, I'm a waitress and manager of a restaurant...that happens. Then the food came out with egg shells on top! I guess no one noticed that at any point. I took the eggshells off my boyfriends food, and then realized the cheese was missing on top. So, we asked the waitress and she came back with a different plate and said she'd brought out the wrong one. The scrambled eggs were runny, as well. My food was fine, it was his food and cup that were gross. So, we ask to speak to the manager, who took a good ten minutes to come over. When she came over we told of our concerns....she took our bill off the table, cut us off mis sentence, and said "fine, fine, I got it". At that point, I who had barely said a word spoke up to stop her from walking away. That is not the way you treat a customer with complaints! I deal with people all the time like that, and I actually apologize! She didn't until we asked for one. Never did I expect her to comp the whole bill, I had eaten my food, I would've paid for it. I just wanted her to know all the issues we had. She stated that we "obviously ate most of our food" well of course we were hungry and had waited 30 min for it! Overall, the way she treated us was absolutely and incredibly rude. I hope if you do visit this restaurant that nothing happens to your meal, because talking to her just might ruin your day. Oh, and she is also the owner! I guess she is lucky so many college kids live nearby, otherwise she would have no business with that attitude!

I was waiting to see this posting...

Clearly, this was not a good day for me. At the end of a long day (long week...), and instead of letting this person's companion vent (which he clearly needed to do - having told his server that everything was fine after she had addressed everything she had any control over), I was distracted and defensive, which came across as being dismissive.

My sincere apologies to everyone who was in the restaurant that day, especially those who witnessed his profanity-laced exit.

I don't profess to be the best at customer service, but this was uncharacteristic even for me. It won't happen again.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

They were busy for Sunday brunch, but seated us promptly. I ordered coffee with cream. It arrived with small ceramic cream pitchers--only they didn't contain cream. Apparently this restaurant serves some sort of sweetened, flavored artificial creamer as their standard. Since I prefer just plain cream/half-and-half, I requested and received that, no problem. Perhaps they should mention this when someone orders coffee with cream?

I ordered the french toast made with their own homemade cinnamon swirl toast. How can I go wrong here? Well, I'm sure the bread itself was tasty, but it wasn't french toast. Rather, it was like the bread had perhaps been flash-passed through something prior to being toasted on the flattop. The inside of this french toast was just dry bread. Now I confess this is one of my pet peeves when ordering french toast. It should be soaked in an egg mixture and then grilled, so that it is light, fluffy, and actually has cooked egg mixture inside. Yes, there's a skill to dipping french toast just enough for it to absorb the mixture and yet not fall apart. However, a cook in a restaurant should be able to accomplish this. Just add Farmer's Table to the list of places which serve you dry french toast. I suppose they expect you to drown it in enough syrup so this doesn't matter. Too bad, because I think the cinnamon bread was really good.

The link sausages were dried out, as if they had been sitting on the side of the griddle all morning, just waiting for someone to order them. After trying them, I ordered a side of bacon, which was good.

We were a large table of about 12 people at a busy time and received outstanding service all around. The server kept checking back with us, having coffee refilled, etc. She was friendly and very helpful.

Apparently this building is a former KFC, and you can tell if you're looking for that. The decor is definitely country kitch, decorated with cloth aprons and similar items. The decor suits the name.

I am sorry you were unhappy with your food on your recent visit. Unfortunately, we've recently had some turn-over in personnel and some of our weekends have been a little rough. I believe we've turned the corner on that and are back to good form.

To address your comments:

I can't imagine why you were brought something other than half-and-half when you were brought coffee, as this is what we usually serve - we do have flavored creams (French vanilla or hazelnut), which are served if requested, in the small pitchers you described. Misunderstanding by new staff member, perhaps?

My apologies for the sausage links - clearly overdone. We do have good bacon! (You might want to try the sausage patties - nice flavor and less likely to be dry.)

We also had someone in the kitchen slice the cinnamon bread we use for French toast about twice as thick as normal that weekend, which could easily lead to the problem with it being dry in the center. We pride ourselves on our made in-house cinnamon bread and rolls - the French toast is a personal favorite - and though we've also had some recent issues there, I think that's been resolved. Please give us another chance to prove to you that the French toast is the best!

Thank you for your feedback! I hope you'll come back another time.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

A friend and I had heard nothing but great things about the Farmers Table and we went in on a Saturday at 1.10 p.m. From the look on the waitresses face as we walked in we had just ruined her entire day. She waved a towel toward the corner table and asked us as we were walking toward the back corner what we wanted o drink. Only she was standing 20 feet away while she did it. I am all for casual, but that was rude- not casual. They only carried Pepsi products so we ordered a Dr Pepper and a coffee.

We knew they closed at 2 so we wanted to order quickly, and the waitress wanted us to order even quicker because as she set our dinks on the table and handed us the menus she asked what she could get for us. I said we hadn't been there before, so could we get just a moment. She leaned against the table on her hip with the pen at the ready. We could have time but she was waiting while we looked.

We frantically chose a cinnamon roll and the Farmer's Benedict to share. We had heard the cinamon rolls were huge. As she walked away I took a drink of the Dr Pepper and it was flat- all syrup no carbonation. So I politely asked if we could get another one after they changed the carbonation. She turned around and told me flat out that no one else had complained all day. Translation: Tough. That's the soda your getting. I asked if I could have iced tea instead. She walked off without taking the soda, so I wasn't sure if I was getting a tea or to suck it up and drink the soda.

In short: The food was deplorable. The cinnamon roll was GINORMOUS. It also had only a hint of frosting, was cold, and so the butter had to be spackled on and it was tough. Stale bread tough.
The Farmer's Benedict came out with the gravy like water. I have worked in the restaurant biz my entire life- and know when the kitchen is out of gravy they add milk or hot water to stretch the gravy a bit more. Only they had gotten a little exuberant and the gravy was just gray water pooling on the bottom of the plate. It was so unappetizing- I could not believe she could set it in front of us with a straight face.
I wanted to leave right then, but my friend is far nicer than I and said we should give them a chance to fix it. She asked if we could have a new plate of food since the gravy was so thin. The waitress told us they were out of gravy. Yeah, no kidding? I never could have told.
She also never brought extra plates- even though we told her we were sharing.

I know everyone loves the Farmer's table, but I would not go again. I will take the time to drive out to Verns or The Breakfast Club, or even The Egg and I before I would drink syrup, eat stale bread, and water thin gravy again.

The VERY GOOD on the atmosphere is because it was clean and inviting. The POOR on value is because even if it is cheap- if the food is inedible there is no value.

1  Thank Piercedlibrarian
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Enjoyed the real bacon and real eggs. Service was quick and friendly. Couldn't ask for more in a restaurant!