“Beignets!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Monessen, Pennsylvania, United States
“Beignets!”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Lucile's is a Fort Collins treasure, but strangely enough some of my friends have never been! They have good breakfast food, good lunch food, and a charming atmosphere. The best thing on the menu is the beignets. One order is four HUGE amazing delicious and hot beignets, covered with about half of a standard bag of powdered sugar. Now you could share that order, or you could eat it all yourself. (Tough choice, I know.) The restaurant also has some fantastic home-made jams you can put on your beignets. Other than the beignets, they have good étoufée, po boys, biscuits and other gems.

• Visited June 2014

“Our new favorite”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Only open for breakfast and lunch- Sunday is breakfast only. Excellent creole food, amazing what fresh homemade ingredients can do to your tastebuds. Crowded on Sundays (15 minute wait) but we enjoyed the lively atmosphere.

• Visited August 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Amazing breakfast”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

This place was recommended to us by the person at the hotel we were staying at. We were so glad we took her advice. My husband and I had the beignets and then shared the Farmer's Eggs. Both were so good that we stuffed ourselves to beyond full. This was definitely the best breakfast we had on our week-long trip through Colorado. The service was great. I can't wait to go back through Fort Collins and try other things on their menu.

• Visited July 2014
“Fantastic”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Old farmhouse turned into a restaurant. Great Great place. Everything is homemade. Eaten breakfast there twice now. Reasonable prices too.

Visited August 2014
fort collin
“Lucile's is a favorite”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We've been eating at Lucile's a few times a month since they opened many years ago. Summer is nice for sitting on the patio and winters are cozy if you're not sitting in the front room. We have our favorite waitresses but the service is usually good whomever is waiting on you.

The coffee is excellent if you prefer yours on the strong side as we do, I always get the Chicory blend. As for the menu I have a few favorites. The biscuit and spicy andouille sausage gravy are a decadent treat before a day of skiing. I always ask for a corner biscuit because I like the crunchiness. I often order a side of collard greens to go along with my meal. Other favorites include Eggs New Orleans, the eggs Benedict, the Waffle......all delicious and bountiful. Of course there are beignets and grits to accompany your meals.

The portions here are ginormous and you can easily split most meals or order a half portion. Even with the daily pancake special or beignets you're able to order a full order, a half order or just one.

Lunches are also yummy but I'll leave that for another review!

• Visited July 2014