“Great Nawlins style cooking”

Lucile's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 592 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Nawlins style cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Really enjoyed eating here recently twice. The beignet are not exactly NO style (too much sugar) but they are a great rendition and they are worth the visit. Had the gumbo which was delicious and the crawfish etoufee which was great. Love this place. Very busy and based in an old house with a lot of character. Also has an outdoor deck too. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Visited August 2013

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Good food, friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We went to this restaurant because they advertised New Orleans style cooking and beignets in particular. The beignets were good and similar to the ones we ate in New Orleans, but probably no place can duplicate the original. Even though the restaurant was crowded and they said there would be a 15 minute wait for a table, we were called in less than 5 minutes. Staff was very friendly. The food was delicious. Prices are a little more than you might expect to pay for breakfast, but the waitress asked if I wanted a full order or half. The half order was more than enough food and I had leftovers. The price for the half order was more in line for what I would expect to pay for breakfast. I will return to sample the lunch menu.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kathy H
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Darling atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I loved the setting, it was quaint! The table was way too small for the large plates and a couple of drinks. I had a mimosa and was impressed it was served with my own little bottle of korbel. The breakfast I ordered (farmers breakfast) was not at all as expected and appearance was unappetizing! My wife on the other hand ordered some kind of French toast which was amazing! She had offered to trade me since I did not care for mine at all...she said she liked it. Probably wouldn't go back.

• Visited July 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“New Orleans Breakfast of Champions!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I went to the other location in Boulder, CO years ago so I was pleased to find this version in Fort Collins. Trust me when I refer to them as clones because both restaurants are the same from the menu, décor down to the album covers on the walls of the restrooms.

Breakfast here is authentic New Orleans style done on point. I usually begin with the Mimosa but substitute orange juice with grapefruit juice for a change of pace (Moonshot is the name). My go to breakfast is Eggs Sardou: poached eggs over creamed spinach with hollandaise and side of either Lucile's Potatoes (New Orleans hash browns) or grits but I go half and half; for a special spin try the sweet potato grits instead! All breakfast egg entrees come with a home made from scratch biscuit served FIRST! Try the made in house jams and jellies but I'm very partial to the orange marmalade with bits of real orange peel. Ketchup is made in house too.

Second choice for breakfast would be the blackened salmon but always check the specials which are occasionally over the top. Coffee is strong but made with a bit of chicory which totally removes the bitterness. Save room for a Beignet which tastes like it came from Café Du Monde in New Orleans to finish the meal.

Never had the lunch fare but eager to try based on the breakfast. NO reservations on weekend so be prepared to WAIT if you're NOT there early. Ambience is New Orleans antebellum south décor down to the furnishings. Service is always attentive and friendly. This is a real feast for the soul.

• Visited April 2013
Timnath, Colorado
“Yummy Yummy Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have recently relocated to the Fort Collins area and since breakfast is my favorite meal we were on the lookout for something special. Lucile's is special!! Light biscuits, the freshest fruit, homemade sauces and jams (including their own catsup) and a weekly (changes on Tuesday) special seasonal pancake. If you are a light eater (like me) you can get half or small orders of just about anything. Even 1 pancake. Do you like chicory coffee? It's at Luciles. My personal favorite: eggs New Orleans (half order). Just one warning: very popular restaurant and consequently there can be a wait. IT'S WORTH IT. See you at Lucile's.

• Visited June 2013