“Fantastic breakfast in charming setting”

Lucile's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 616 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
New York, USA
“Fantastic breakfast in charming setting”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We had a wonderful breakfast at Lucile's recently, featuring tasty biengnets, homemade jams and jetchup, delicious omelttes and pancakes, and delicious coffee. While there was a wait of 20 minutes for a table, we were not rushed when we sat down and the staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful.

Fort Collins
“Be prepared to Wait”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

If you enjoy Southern Cooking, this is the place but the restaurant is very popular and small so chances are you'll have to wait. We were a party of ten for breakfast and waited about 30 mins. Luckily it was a pleasant wintery day outside and the sun was shining.

We started out by splitting an order of Beignets which is a New Orleans style donut. I've never had one before and it was delicious. Then comes the biscuits, man o man was that ever good. They had apple butter or blueberry jam, which was my favorite, if you like something besides butter on your biscuit. Then comes your breakfast. I ordered the cajun breakfast w/grits. The grits were okay, nothing special but the red beans w/meat was exceptional. It had just the right amount of spice. The eggs were perfect as well as the hollandaise sauce.

Another person ordered Hank's Eggs but was disappointed. I understand why because I took home her leftovers. It was mostly potatoes. It was tasty enough but would have liked a bit more egg which it was lacking.

I was told the praline waffle was excellent and it sure looked that way. I didn't get reports on the other dishes people ordered but everyone seemed pleased and most of us had to ask for a carryout bag.

When warmer weather arrives, I'm sure people will take advantage of the outdoor deck. I am anxious to try this restaurant again sometime. I'd highly recommend it.

Denver, Colorado
“In nice weather head for the deck!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The patio is a perfect setting when the weather is nice. Combine that with wonderful food, conversation with friends, and you'll understand why Lucile's is often crowded. The Eggs Sardou wth the wonderful combination of shrimp, poached eggs, creamed spinach and hollandaise – and in my case – with grits was a perfect combination. Add gigantic biscuits and wonderful jam. Just thinking about that meal makes my taste buds water!

• Visited September 2012
Fort Collins, Colorado
“A Fine Time to Feed Me, Lucile”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

After shoveling snow on a cold winter morning, I was ready for a hot and hearty lunch. The Cajon theme cooking at Lucile’s immediately came to mind. My wife and I joined the lunch clientele at Lucile’s and ordered Catfish Po’ Boy sandwiches, served on a New Orleans style French baguette and with red beans, rice and an okra pickle. Lucile’s spicy hot tea rounded out my lunch. The large, hot piece of crisp catfish made this a generous serving, as are most of the selections here. This delicious lunch soon made me forget about shoveling snow. The breakfast and lunch menus offer many choices, all prepared with Lucile’s special flair. The friendly wait staff and cozy dining area make this a comfortable place where you can carry on a conversation. Weekends can be especially busy, but the food is worth the wait. You can eat on the side porch during the warm months.

1 Thank Henry A
colorado
“Absolutely to die for”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have never had a meal at Lucielle's that was not amazing. I usually go for Hank;s eggs, but last time I decided to be adventurous and try the eggplant and sausage po' boy. I would eat there everyday if I could :)

Visited February 2013