“Cajun Inspired Food Well Done” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lucile's Restaurant

Lucile's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 590 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Niwot, Colorado
“Cajun Inspired Food Well Done”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We have eaten at four different Lucille's locations. This is as good or better than the others. Service is friendly, the food is good. We had the Andouille Sausage Poorboy, various egg Benedict type dishes, the biscuits, etc. Try the New Orleans style coffee, spiked with chicory. This location also serves alcoholic drinks. Try the Cajun Bloody Mary with shrimp and okra. Also, if you like it a bit spicy, try their jalapeno preserves or if not the Strawberry Rhubarb preserves.

One tip, If you have eaten at Lucille's in Boulder and have written them off, try this location. The difference is like night and day!

• Visited August 2012

Madison, Wisconsin
“Charming, great food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

This charming restaurant is in an old house. Yes, I can imagine it could get a bit crowded but the other reviewers should go to Outback Steakhouse if they want tons of room - this place is adorable! We sat outside (it wasn't crowded outside or inside) and even though it was sunny they had plenty of umbrellas over the tables. We walked in with a very hungry toddler just a few minutes past 11am. They were very accomodating and let us order a chocolate pancake for him (which was amazing - I snuck a bite). We ordered a biscuit with homemade jam (the jam was very tasty as other reviewers have indicated), gumbo, and shrimp creole. The gumbo had lots of flavor and a bit of bite (not too hot at all) and there were about 9 shrimp on the shrimp creole which seemed generous to me and the flavor was very good (no heat to that dish). Service was great, food was great, ambience was great. When I come back to Fort Collins I'll definitely be stopping here.

• Visited August 2012
Sanibel, FL
“Local house with lots of charm, tasty food and a great vibe.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

I love this little cramped converted house just as it is....with it's somewhat slopping well worn wooden floor, mismatched chairs and napkins. Sitting super close to your friends and sometimes even the table next too you is part of this place's charm. Honestly I'd sit on the floor to eat one of their oversized crunchy topped biscuits smothered in homemade strawberry rhubarb preserves. The French toast is amazing. The coffee (regular or chicory) is always great. Hot grits this far west is a welcome treat. There's nothing I don't love about this place except the wait. Luckily it's worth it!

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Gumbo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Try the daily gumbo. I go here for lunch and sit at the counter. It's always full of people and great energy

Visited July 2012
United Arab Emirates
“For folks who have never been to NOLA”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

The cute little yellow house belies how filthy and cramped it is inside. I have been there several times over the years, and each time I get elbowed or bumped or jerked in my chair because people are just trying to get by. Sadly, I have bumped, elbowed, and jerked people in my valiant attempt to get through the cafe as well. (To you I apologize)
I have always wanted to love Lucilles. The staff is hip and quirky, the location is wonderful, and there are always happy people waiting out on the grass to get seated. Sadly, the place is just too gross. I have lived in new Orleans, have went countless times to Cafe Du Monde- and even there, where they serve thousands of beignets a day- it is not as dirty as Lucilles.
The food is okey. I order poached eggs each time- Sardou, Benedict- and each time they are not drained enough- so everything on my plate is in a pool of egg water. The first time I sent the plate back, but my friends were done eating by the time I saw a plate of food again. So now I just trudge through watery food. The beignets are mediocre- at best. They don't serve them fast enough, so what you get is a deflating cold little puff of dough.
This place is wonderful for the Fort. I am glad we have Lucille's, but I am no fan after living in the Irish Channel and eating at Atchafalaya's, Arnauds, and Joey K's. I have had New Orleans food and this is a pale comparison.

• Visited September 2011