“Veggie burger is amazing”

The Rainbow Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 668 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rainbow Restaurant specializes in breakfast, brunch and lunch and have been a Fort Collins staple for over 40 years. We have a beautiful patio and a cozy dining room. We offer a a great variety of breakfast and lunch dishes and use only the freshest ingredients. We also specialize in catering to a vast variety of dietary requirements including vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free cuisine.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My daughter and I had lunch here. I really wanted breakfast but service stops at 11am. Tried the lunch veggie burger and it was amazing. Had a side salad and fresh fruit with it too. Iced tea here is really good here too. I’ll be back to eat again when I visit next. Oh, dog friendly patio too.

Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

Pleasant setting for a restaurant; indoor or outdoor tables also available. Quiet setting so would be easy to visit.

My meal came with soup or salad and I chose a salad since I eat gluten free and the creamy tomato parmesean soup which sounded tasty had gluten. Fresh greens were tasty with a homemade creamy parmesean dressing. My entree was cashew veggie stir-fry with chicken and avocado on brown rice, all with a blend of peanut & sesame sauce. It was delicious!

I was full; however, had to ask if they had any GF desserts ... a chocolate pudding with fruit (actually was vegan too) ... in a to go container for my picnic tomorrow. I tasted it though and it was quite good. (My favorite was my lunch though.)

Will definitely return.

Reviewed July 22, 2018

I randomly met Dan, a manager at Rainbow (and the owner's son), at the airport a few months back. We got to talking because of his Rainbow shirt he had on. I told him I had never tried it and always wanted to. He ended up writing on a little piece of paper for me to have a "free entree and free chai tea." Well, I finally brought my family over to give it a try. It didn't disappoint. It was delicious! I ordered the "Ultimate Latkes." The sweet potato cakes were so yummy! I loved them. I only did not get the sour cream, as I don't like that. The whole meal was really good. My daughter had the "Rainbow French Toast" with fruit and loved it. My husband had the "Smoked Salmon Benedict" and also really loved it. I thought the actual restaurant is very cute. It also has a really nice patio. Everything was quite delicious and it was great to run into Dan again, as he was working that day.

Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

Visited for breakfast late on a Saturday (around noon).

The good: Pumpkin bread. (Do I need to say more?) Their menu was vegetarian friendly as well, which I think is part of the draw. We were seated right away and our food came out quickly.

The less than good: Most of what we got was mediocre. Nothing awful, but nothing great either. I had the pumpkin bread French toast. The pumpkin bread itself was really good, but the toppings were just okay. The drinks (mimosa and mule) also were just "okay". Service also was okay. (Our food came out quickly and then we only saw our server again when we got the check.)

The bad: Plating made it really tough to eat some of the food we ordered. The partner ordered the latkes. It came with cold fruit on the same plate as the hot latkes and sour cream. Hot eggs over easy were also right up against the fruit. Eating fruit with egg yolk and sour cream was not particularly enjoyable.

Overall: It's okay. If you're looking for a great breakfast, I think there are better options. But, if you're really itching for pumpkin bread in July, then give it a spin.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

A regular offering. Not much in the order of "special." Service was slow, but we weren't in any hurry. So it wasn't the deciding factor on whether to return. Just too many other great breakfast places in Fort Collins.