“Tasty buffet”

Taj Mahal Restaurant
Ranked #102 of 654 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Story behind taj mahal: in 1986, balwinder singh left his native india to start a new life in united states. Settling in colorado, he took up residence in boulder and began working at the royal peacock indian restaurant. He has been a fixture at several boulder and denver indian restaurants since then and in may 1996 decided to try his hand at restaurant ownership. So began taj mahal at 148 w. Oak st. In downtown fort collins. Fort collins was chosen over colorado springs and denver because balwinder felt that fort collins, with its diversified-based population and fairly quiet restaurant scene, would be best market for his culinary offerings.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I love Indian food, and after a really bad experience in Oregon, am so glad we have the Taj in FC. Love the chicken Tikka Masala, and the Saag. Tasty samosas too. Despite the fact that I grew up in the Southwest, at dinner I find myself ordering "mild" on the heat scale

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Went here on my birthday with my husband, daughter and son-in-law. It was reasonably priced for dinner and the food was plentiful. It was absolutely delicious, everything. My daughter had been there for the lunch buffet and said it was just as delicious. The service was excellent and the decor and cleanliness was nice as well. Definitely will go again when I'm in Fort Collins!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The food at the lunch buffet is good and reasonably priced. In general the spicing is low to moderate and nothing is going to blow you away with strong flavors. The cutney's are particularly tasty and definitely stronger in spicing then the main dishes.

1  Thank Scott S
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Even though it was buffet style food (I was there around lunchtime), my meal was wonderful, and I ate like a king for under $10! Not only was the food great, but the service was also par excellence, and I was made to feel at home. The overall atmosphere and decor of Taj Mahal is very nice as well. Whenever I'm in the Ft. Collins area, I will make it a point to eat at the Taj Mahal again.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife and I went to Taj Mahal for lunch. I wanted Tikka Masala. When we entered, there was a lunch buffett with no Tikka Masala. They usually do not allow ordering off the menu for lunch but, they took care of my and I ordered my Tikka Masala and Garlic Naan. My wife at the buffett. We were very delighted with our meal.

1  Thank BPH_4LIFE