“Great Place!”

Mountain Cafe
Ranked #11 of 616 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A family owned and operated establishment that has been around for over 25 years, yet has maintained it's authentic, cozy, and homely feel. It's a small, diner-like cafe with an old fashioned style to it. The food is prepared and cooked by the owner, Moe Kamandy. Although hidden, there's a patio away from all the street noise where Moe plants his colorful flowers, making for a great place to relax and enjoy breakfast and a cup of coffee on a summer morning.
Fort Collins, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Locally owned, fresh food, great portion sizes, great prices, great people, great place! This will be a regular for us.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank schuttm

Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
“Best Restaurant for food, service and value”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Best food, service and value. Moe has always received the best health ratings from Health Department. The food is top notch, so good and best value.

I have been coming to Mountain Cafe for over 20 years.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Jerry G
“My Go-To Place For Breakfast”
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I love the Mountain Café! I've been going there for over 20 years, and it's definitely my go-to place to have breakfast. It's a classic American café, not a trendy hipster hangout. The food is excellent ( my girlfriend loves the breakfast burritos with great homemade salsa, and I usually get the homemade blueberry pancakes with patty sausage). Maybe the best part of Mountain Café is Mo, the owner/chef. He obviously takes a lot of pride in his food and his restaurant, plus he's always friendly and cheerful, which I appreciate since I am NOT a morning person. Oh, and they also do lunch.

4 Thank Colo_Dive_Traveler
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Nice small diner feel”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Great place to get a burger in the morning if you wish. Traditional diner fare the prices are low and the service is good. Daily specials on the board.

3 Thank Michelle D
Harrison, Arkansas
“Extraordinary "Not-Your-Typical" Diner”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I actually found this quaint little restaurant via Trip Advisor as my husband and I planned a day trip to Ft. Collins with my daughter and her fiancee who were visiting from Arkansas. Our memorable experience with the Mountain Cafe began with a phone call to ensure they were indeed open for business on Wednesdays. The sweet woman said they were, and though they don't accept reservations, took my name to ensure she would have a place for us upon arrival. When we arrived, a pleasantly congenial woman warmly welcomed and seated us, and was our server for the morning. We'd later learn she was the owner's wife, as she brought her husband out from the kitchen to visit with us after our breakfast. They both apologized that the restaurant walls were bare, but with the slight smell of fresh paint, we guessed they were renovating, even before it was mentioned. Though the restaurant was small and cozy, there was nothing small about the presentation or flavor of the food! Among the four of us we had blueberry pancakes, steak & eggs, chicken fried steak & eggs, hash browns, and toast, all cooked to perfection! A seemingly ordinary breakfast was extraordinary at this little restaurant, made even more special by the personal attention, hospitality and sweet conversation with the owners. Thanks for a memorable experience, amazing food and phenomenal customer service in your NOT-so-typical diner! We'll be back!

• Visited January 2013