“Nice greassy spoon”

Mountain Cafe
Ranked #4 of 654 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A family owned and operated establishment that has been around for over 25 years, yet has maintained it's authentic, cozy, and homely feel. It's a small, diner-like cafe with an old fashioned style to it. The food is prepared and cooked by the owner, Moe Kamandy. Although hidden, there's a patio away from all the street noise where Moe plants his colorful flowers, making for a great place to relax and enjoy breakfast and a cup of coffee on a summer morning.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is a nice place to get classic greasy spoon food and experience. The patio is nice when it is warm out.

3  Thank Scott S

Reviewed December 16, 2012

The Mountain Cafe has by far the best breakfast in town, and when you consider the price the food is a real steal! Mo has been cooking since 1988 and his food is always well prepared and very fresh! He makes our family what is known as the Larsen Special which is a blueberry pancake and a veggie omelet; it is to die for! I recommend it on your next visit!

1  Thank Eric L
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I am a regular breakfast customer and every time I am fully satisfied. The staff is always very friendly and genuine towards the guest that enter. The dining experience gives a very " at home" feeling and you feel like family. Moe, the owner is an excellent cook and always remembers my "regular' order every time and so pleasurable to be around. They do not treat you just like another customer they are genuinely interested in you and treat you like family. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a home "mom and pop shop" place!

2  Thank teekay_1823
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I am a regular breakfast customer of the Mountain Café. We enjoy not only the food but the staff. The waitresses are very friendly and efficient and the owner/cook, Mo, always puts my hash brown potatoes on the stove as soon as he sees me because I want them extra crisp. In the warm months we sit out on the secluded patio to have our breakfasts in the sun. The Mountain Café is a great local restaurant. I feel like going right now just writing this.

2  Thank JAMPdenver
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Mountain Cafe is wonderful. The typically American food is fast, delicious and inexpensive. You'll fall in love with the home-made salsa! Moe, the owner, is delightful and an excellent cook, and I adore the wait staff, who are friendly and efficient. (The coffee keeps coming.) I and two of my friends eat breakfast there to celebrate our birthdays. The atmosphere is cozy and old fashioned, with booths, a counter with stools, and tables. Try it! You will be glad you did, and you'll become a regular like me.

1  Thank Diane F