Tripadvisor

Ranked #4 of 632 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Comfort, conversation, and stories abound from the oldest restaurant in Northern Colorado. Silver Grill Cafe has that and more. From mouthwatering Cinnamon Rolls to savory Chicken Fried steak dinner, We have what your craving desires!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This restaurant has the best food, the cinnamon rolls are the best i have ever had. The Mexican burrito with green chilies is very good. I would love to go there every day.

Date of visit: July 2019
ulloamouse82, General Manager at The Silver Grill Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much Yvonne! I'm so happy to see you enjoyed your experience with us. We'd love to have your in every day too! Thank you again for taking the time to share. We'll look forward to seeing you again!

Write a reviewReviews (1,399)

Reviewed January 3, 2020

We love love the food at Silver Grill! We’ve always been happy with the food and the service! Highly recommend!

Date of visit: January 2020
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
ulloamouse82, Owner at The Silver Grill Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! I'm so happy to see how much you love coming to the Silver Grill. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed December 31, 2019

Our family of 12 had breakfast on Christmas Eve morning at the Grill. Amanda and Sherill gave us a terrific experience! On this really busy morning they went out of their way to welcome us and to serve us a great breakfast. A real "hometown" feeling. Thank you!

Date of visit: December 2019

Thank you! We were so happy to have you and your family with us on Christmas Eve. You and your wife become a part of our family here and we were more than honored to have you bring in your family for us to meet. We are so happy everything went well. Happy New Year to you both!

Reviewed December 30, 2019 via mobile

My whole family came with me this time. We were in town visiting family and my brother-in-law wanted to go. I did not want to disagree, I said nothing. Plus, when writing a review about the average visit, last month, the actual owner, Amanda, (thought it was a guy named John, from the website) responded and assured me it was not the “norm” I went with her suggestion, the original Benedict. Unfortunately, same issues, slow service, super long wait, cold and poor food. My eggs were well done and service was so slow. The crew seemed even more lost and distant. Like they were not expecting to be busy during the holidays? My brother-in-law did try their “creative” Benedict, this time the bottom was a waffle, bacon, and eggs with a sweet hollandaise. Not super creative and Seth said the waffle was not fresh baked. (My brother-in-law is a local chef) He insisted it was surely a pre-made rock of a waffle that was burned on the bottom with zero flavor. From my one small bit before he tossed it aside, I could not tell if it was brought in or made at the restaurant (as it should be...) but it had no flavor and was black on the bottom. Kids pancakes cold and crispy. Like they were sitting around a heat lamp waiting for the rest of the meals. Server and manager said nothing about the dishes all being half eaten and since it was family and holidays we just ate what we could, paid, and got out. Just getting the check was painfully slow and the cashier did not even ask how things were....I wish I had better results for our second visit. No such luck.

Date of visit: December 2019

Jacob, I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your visit with us. I'm also am sorry you never reached out to me after your first visit as I wanted to give you a gift certificate for your next brunch with us. I do want to clear up something, I am the general manager. I believe tripadvisor says I'm the "owner" because I'm the owner of the SG tripadvisor page. John Arnolfo has been our owner for many years and still is. I apologize if that caused you some confusion. I'm curious as to what day you visited us. Over this past weekend through into the new year we were incredibly busy however our average ticket times remained between 10-15 min. As with any shift, there are variables that can extend that time for a couple of tables but those moments were rare to find. I will say that we do our best as management to speak with every table in the restaurant, if we had known you weren't enjoying your meals we would have offered to remake it or buy it for you. It's a shame the waffle benny was not to your liking. It was such a favorite among our staff and guests that we were pleased with the majority of the feedback. I was also shocked to read that the cashier did not ask how things were as this is something they know to always ask when a guest comes up to the register. We consider this our last line of defense to ensure our guests had a great time. For any further feedback, please feel free to reach out to me at amanda@silvergrill.com. If your brother-in-law reaches to reach out to me, that would be great as well. The one thing I love about this community is how close net we all are especially in food service. My experience with other owners, managers, and chefs in this area is that we take good care of each other and respect one another's feedback. In the end we are all here for one common goal, to take great care of our community. I hope the holiday season treated you and your family well. Here's to a great 2020!

Reviewed December 29, 2019

There is always a wait and so many creative dishes. Love the unique-ness of the blackboard specials AND the fresh squeezed orange juice! Don't visit as frequently anymore as we realized we felt the food was just okay to us. Love the ambience and the energy, love the great menu and the cinnamon rolls.

Date of visit: December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the Silver Grill. I'm happy to see you have enjoyed our creativity and other aspects of our restaurant. Though I am sorry to see you felt the food was slipping. We have been working diligently with our kitchen staff to have them trained in a way to push out consistent and quality food for our guests. We will continue to work with our staff so that on your next visit, we hope you have a much better experience. Thank you for your constructive criticism, we love our Fort Collins Community and will continue to work to be the best that we can be.