“Hometown breakfast fav.”

Ranked #2 of 638 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Comfort, conversation, and stories abound from the oldest restaurant in Northern Colorado. Silver Grill Cafe has that and more. From mouthwatering Cinnamon Rolls to savory Chicken Fried steak dinner, We have what your craving desires!
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have been coming her for 30+ years. I like the booths in the original room best, but they can be small for tall people. My favorite dishes are a half order of Fiesta hash browns with salsa and a side of cinammon roll toast. Also the tamale and eggs. Yesterday I was seduced by their amazing special - a sweet potato pancake with bacon bits baked in and maple cream topping. total fall festiveness!!! Make it again, Sam!

999777999, General Manager at The Silver Grill Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Thanks for being part of our restaurant for the last 30 years! Glad you tried one of our specials! We love to mix it up and try new things! Thanks again for the nice review!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,130)

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Our daughter who lives in the area took us to this place for brunch. The Salmon Eggs Benedict is fantastic. Portions are huge so some hungry and plan to leave stuffed.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

A local Fort Collins hangout for 28 years. A "huge" restaurant that I was told is almost always busy. Serving 500-1200 meals a day. They do things right! The efficient staff at the front door cue you in for a short wait as you view the selections of cinnamon rolls and baked goodness.

The hard decisions follow: What to choose from the extensive menu. Without a doubt try a cinnamon roll for yourself or the table to share.

Our party enjoyed two 'standard' egg dishes while two others tried the Denver & Veggie omelets. All meals were served with home fries with a wonderful crisp and plenty of butter. We ordered both of the omelets to come with the cinnamon roll toast......OMG!!!!

Along with outstanding food the atmosphere takes you back another place in time.

Great review! We try very hard to make your wait and dining experience the best possible!! Thanks!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The Silver Grill is THE place for breakfast and our favorite on a Sunday morning. But get there plenty early or you'll have to wait outside for a while. One of the best places for breakfast in Fort Collins!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

What a great spot for breakfast and people watching. The Silver Grill has to be one of the best breakfast spots ever; from the tin ceilings to the antique décor, this is a great spot to just enjoy the ambiance and sip your beverage of choice.

After reading the reviews of the cinnamon roll toast we ordered that along with a mimosa and café mocha while waiting for our meal. The cinnamon roll toast was to die for and could have been a meal unto itself.

I had the eggs benedict which were a delight; the hollandaise sauce had a hint spice that I just can't put my finger on, maybe queso? Although I am not much of a potato guy, the potatoes were very good as well.

My dad had the eggs and trout. The trout was fresh and an interesting choice for breakfast.

My café mocha came in what nearly amounted to a beer mug and I nursed it all the way through breakfast. As my dad is a slow eater, I couldn't help myself and ordered another piece of cinnamon roll toast. Very indulgent and probably a little too much...

Can't say enough good things about the Silver Grill. Very reasonable prices, tons of great food and a wonderful overall experience. It can be a little noisy but that's just another piece of what makes this place so great! Oh, one last thing, they close at 2pm, so don't show up too late...

Thanks for the lovely review! You captured the grill very well! We love the great review!