“Never dissappointing!!!”

Ranked #2 of 631 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Comfort, conversation, and stories abound from the oldest restaurant in Northern Colorado. Silver Grill Cafe has that and more. From mouthwatering Cinnamon Rolls to savory Chicken Fried steak dinner, We have what your craving desires!
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great service!
Fantastic atmosphere!
Fair prices!
Just that small town home feeling - wonderful specials! It's a bonus that they serve alcohol and you can get a beer or one of the best Bloody Mary's in all of Northern Colorado!
The only draw back is there is almost always a line - but it moves quickly (so you know the food is great) plus they only serve breakfast and lunch!

1  Thank Beachlover49
Write a ReviewReviews (1,117)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I thought I had eaten the best cinamon roll ever, but not until I went to the Silver Grill.
The atmosphere was great, and so was the service, especially considering it was
at 9:00 on a Saturday morning. We did not wait for a table, but while we were eating
I know many did. The breakfast fare was very good with a lot of choices. Prices
are reasonable especially considering the amount of food. I would definately
recommend this resturant located in Old Town Fort Collins.

999777999, General Manager at The Silver Grill Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Thanks so much for the fantastic review!!! We appreciate the POSITIVE review and we could not have said it any better!!! Have you ever tried lunch??? Pretty amazing soups and fresh burgers and fries!!! All lunch is creative and fresh!! Thanks again!!!!!!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

When I visit my mother in Ft Collins, she loves going to old town, identifying the buildings and remembering various businesses growing up. She usually wants to eat at the Silver Grill and often apologizes to me about our experience. Service is always slow......for us......it seems that the tables with guys who appear to be regulars get great service and a lot of chatting up from the waitresses as we try to get their attention. My last visit, I promised her, would be my very last. No courtesy whatsoever, had to look at the backside of our waitress most of the time as she gossiped with the 2 men at the table across, cold food delivered without a word and we had to constantly wave flies out of our face and food, which was nothing special. My mom was so disappointed and said "Well, I guess nothing is like it used to be."

999777999, General Manager at The Silver Grill Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Wow that does not sound like our restaurant at all! I am terribly sorry you have had so many poor experiences at the grill. Our servers sure do chat with all of our regulars, women and men and I am told it is part of why they come back so often! We do not want other's service to be neglected because of their friendly service to neighboring customers! Again I am sorry! We address everything in meetings and we will make sure everyone is getting equal time and not neglected. As for flies.... They are a pain that comes with the season change we have a fantastic crew that cleans and cleans and cleans but the darn flies still find snacks! Thankfully they are gone for the season due to the cold weather, you must have gotten the tail end of them. I am sorry for your cold food! This is not except able and I wish it would have been corrected. Thankfully we can fix things very quickly sorry your meal was not fixed! I hope you give us one more chance to change your mind! We truly do care and we would like to make it up to you! If you would like to contact me personally my email is heather@silvergrill.com and I will do what I can to rectify the visit!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

These people offer an excellent breakfast with everything fresh. Their cinnamon roll french toast is worth the drive -- from anywhere. The wait staff are always friendly and attentive to make this a great place to start any day. Their menu is very diversified so there are many choices. We've been there many times and it's always excellent.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

By far, Silver Grill is one of the best restaurants in Fort Collins. The only negative thing I can say about them is that they're not open for dinner! Silver Grill is perfect for brunch, but get there early as you will definitely be waiting around at least twenty minutes for a table on busy weekends.
They offer weekday breakfast and lunch specials, and they also have such interesting seasonal selections as Banana Bread French Toast, Potato Pancakes and Breakfast Pork Chops.
My favorite dish is their Eggs Benedict, and my fiance greatly favors the Chicken Fried Chicken.
If you live in Fort Collins, you probably frequent this historical diner. If you come visit here, Silver Grill will not disappoint!