“Ribeye ripoff....great jazz.”
Review of Jay's Bistro

Jay's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Jay's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 619 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Jay's Bistro is a locally owned business started in 1980. Norman And Wednesday Vogel recently purchased the bistro and are making changes to menus, decor and style. By proudly supporting local farms and growers we are adding healthier, fresher and more sustainable items to our menus. Prices are fair for FT Collins and Wednesday is all night happy hour and tapas for those who want to come in and nosh. Enjoy live jazz music Thursday through Saturday with happy hour every day!! Eat well, drink some, be happy!
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I love the Seafood Ceasar's salad at Jay's, great meal for the price $12. I love the jazz and piano in the evenings also. But the other night I took some friends there for dinner and split the 18 oz. rib-eye steak entrée with my friend thinking (9 oz. each)....not hardly!!! The rib bone is on the steak and they split the steak part (not 18 oz) leaving the bone on my portion. Needless to say I had about 4 bites of beef! :( This is a huge rip-off, not to mention how fatty the steak was....I know ribeye is fatty, but this was not worth the price!!! I didn't tell anyone as not to make a scene in front of my guests...so I went home hungry. But my lemon drop martini was refreshing ;).

1  Thank SMALLTOWN2BIGCITY
There are newer reviews for Jay's Bistro

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had a fantastic lunch on the patio at this sophisticated little bistro. We were able to enjoy the live music coming from College St. and it wasn't too loud or overwhelming. It was very enjoyable! My Dad and I both had the Shrimp & "Grits" (the grits were actually polenta). His direct quote: "This is the best shrimp and grits I've ever had. Nobody else seems to get it this right.". I'd have to agree! It wasn't thick and cheesy like you'd expect, it was in a light broth seasoned with jalapeno. Delicious! Our server was just lovely - very attentive and interesting.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our group of 8 enjoyed an amazing meal together to celebrate two 60th birthdays. Before we arrived the staff had prepared the table with colorful ribbon curls, candles and a bottle of sparkling cider and Chandon Blanc De Noir all ready to toast. The service was impeccable from the moment we arrived to when we walked out the door. The team of 3 were attentive, made no errors in our orders, and provided an amazing dessert tray (chocolate ravioli, creme brulee with strawberries, cheesecake, and tiramissu) at the end of the meal which we all enjoyed. Many ordered the Colorado Bass special, which was scrumptious and perfectly cooked. One person ordered the chicken, another ordered the Filet Mignon, and the Colorado lamb entree was spectacular. The salads were fresh, not overdressed, and included an interesting mix of seasonal greens, fruit and nuts. We will definitely return when we come back to Fort Collins.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Jay's has excellent service and good food. The menu offers a variety of dishes that you won't find elsewhere. We enjoyed a relaxing lunch while visiting Old Town.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We visit Ft. Collins on a regular basis and eaten at Jay's several times. It's always been good and never disappointed us.