“I have a feeling we'll have something to celebrate here again.”
Review of Jay's Bistro

Jay's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Jay's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 626 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Jay's Bistro is a locally owned business started in 1980. Norman And Wednesday Vogel recently purchased the bistro and are making changes to menus, decor and style. By proudly supporting local farms and growers we are adding healthier, fresher and more sustainable items to our menus. Prices are fair for FT Collins and Wednesday is all night happy hour and tapas for those who want to come in and nosh. Enjoy live jazz music Thursday through Saturday with happy hour every day!! Eat well, drink some, be happy!
Reviewed August 29, 2011

My husband and I have birthdays that are just days apart. We celebrate every year with "Birthday Weekend", which is usually a huge party for the both of us. Some years are out of control, some are more mild, but they are always fun. When I mentioned that I suggested Jay's Bistro for a date night, she and the rest of the group of friends we hang out with promptly bought a gift certificate to Jay's and a hilarious card for my birthday. The perfect place for a celebration.

While some dishes at Jay's were not as exciting as others, it's still a fantastic place to celebrate a special occasion, bring out-of-town visitors and one of the best happy hour spots in town. There's a reason people have been coming here for 30 years. I have a feeling we'll have something to celebrate here again.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

We are visiting friends in Fort Collins and they took us to Jay's last night. We had a really great experience. The atmosphere is casual upscale. The food was varied. Great appetizers and a very inviting menu overall. A nice array of choices without overwhelming you. We starter with duck egg rolls, mussels and salads. For entrees we had lamb sirloin, sea bass, coho salmon and Colorado rack of lamb. The servings were appropriate size and all very delicious. The service was friendly and casual but spot on. We had a great time. I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

The all day happy hour on Wednesdays is a great way to enjoy the best chefs in town and drink away your mid-week humps. They make a mean gin martini and the special happy hour food menu is killer with perfect portions. Order three things and a few drinks and you've just had a great great meal. Eaten there for very fancy celebration dinners as well. The food is excellent and priced up there. But its amazing.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Jay's is simply excellent. I suspect many trip advisor viewers assume that $30. refers to a meal cost-yes dinner,etc-would be that range. Lunches are just 'junior portions' of many of the same dinner entries and more in the $12. range. Naturally beverages, soups, etc will raise the price, but this is true everywhere.
we invited friends celebrating a birthday--Jay's puts cheerful bunting on the table if you call ahead and explain a birthday gathering. Birthday person gets a free creme brulee-and this a wonderful dessert. (senior discount is available too!).
My wife and the other lady had a large seafood salad with lobster, crab, shrimp on top-very delicious. the other husband and I had a Chili Relleno with stuffing--the salsa was too hot for me--will go back to the Baja fish tacos next time.
Jay's has a very attractive, relaxing dining room and I noted outdoor seating as well. no irritating music selected by the juvenile kitchen staff. try it for lunch, you will be glad you did!

Reviewed July 25, 2011

Best restaurant in Ft. Collins, CO in the center of a college (CSU) town. Service, ambiance, and delicious food have always been top notch! We took friends from Paris there recently and they both rated it very high and even said they wished Paris(!) had a bistro like this! That said a lot! Kudos to Jay and Jackie for keeping their bistro FAB!