“Must visit!”

Ranked #45 of 654 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: At Big Al's we like to "keep it in Colorado" from the locally raised hormone free staff to the recycled and repurposed decor. Big Al's has taken what others were going to throw away and given it another chance! At your next visit, take a good look around you might just recognize something. Perhaps our 1953 Sear's cabinets, or ceiling diffusers that have been transformed into new light fixtures, and lumber repurposed into table tops, both from the Steele's Market Deconstruction. Salvaged stair balusters and old fence boards were given a new life as they wrap the check out counter and columns. Old light fixtures from a Denver hotel add character to the dining area. We are keeping history alive one piece at a time.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I ate at Big Al's tonight and can't wait to go back. The 60/40 burger is amazing and original. Also, their guacamole and bacon burger is to die for. And the best gluten free burger buns in town! The local art on the walls is a wonderful touch too.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We LOVED this place! So simple, yet so delicious! I had the guacamole bacon burger and my husband had the 60/40 burger. Both amazing. The best part was the garlic truffle fries. SO SO SO SO good!!!!!! Even our son who had the regular hot dog loved it too. Awesome little place, most delicious food!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We went to Big Al's Burgers during Great Plates. Their 5 burgers + 5 fries for $25 is a super value for a delicious burger & fries! Sometimes the orders aren't right...be sure you are clear about "no onions" but that doesn't mean "no nothing." They will fix it for you, but then you are eating after your family is finished.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The 60/40 burger (that's 60% beef, 40% bacon) is interesting. It's certainly a step down the path to Happyville, the patty being the highlight, but the amount of bacon makes it a bit too salty for my tastes, while the rest of the burger was nearly nonexistent by comparison. How about a 70/30??? Of course, you will also notice the bun, which is larger than most and a bit chewy.

The truffle fries are addictive, but only in the sense of the flavor. They are much cheesier than anything I've had before; total overkill, big pile of parmesan left over . The texture is oddly chewy, definitely not crispy and not just soft, so an odd french fry experience.

The combo with drink set me back about $9.50. Not a great value for the chew...

I'm all for giving it another go, but I'll certainly try some of their other choices when I do. Perhaps a dog.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I got the guacamole and bacon burger. The burger and all the condiments were great. The guacamole was great. The bacon, however, was crushed bits of crumbly bacon. I would have preferred strips of bacon.

The atmosphere is great. They have fun decor and seating.

I'd definitely recommend Big Al's.