“Thoughtfully Done”

Fort Collins Museum of Discovery
Ranked #9 of 110 things to do in Fort Collins
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The building is beautiful and does not compete with the exhibits.
The exhibits are fun for all ages. Our group covered over 60 and twenty-somethings. The Museum has something for everyone, usually more than one something. We also saw young children, 2-4 years, enjoying themselves with adults.
I learned how hard it is to be a drummer. I learned what it is like to stand in a 75 mph tornado. I learned what skinny and flexible animals ferrets are.
You'll be amazed at what you learn, too!

1  Thank Duvel11Frederick

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We spent 2 1/2 hrs here just doing the museum! For me and 2 kids it was 21 dollars..not bad. We didn't see a movie as it cost as much as the museum and we are on a budget. The funky forest by far was my favorite...I can't explain you have to see it to understand it! My son loved the real instruments and spent his time in the "Garage" playing a real drum kit! I feel bad for the young men who work in the room..lol...saints they are and seemed unfazed by kids "jamming" We loved this place and will return!! we arrived a little early so we followed a great path for a relaxing walk.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Fun for the whole family! Their science of music exhibit was a hands-on experience and all 4 of us enjoyed it. We were able to have free admission with our membership in a partner museum. We also viewed one of the movies in the theater.
We spent two hours there and did not experience it all. Don't forget to see the black footed ferrets near the front doors.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Don't wait for kids to come home or grandchildren to arrive -- visit this museum yourself in its inaugural year. So many historical exhibits for browsing, and awesome interactive science activities that are not just for kids!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This would be a wonderful place to take children. The facility appears to be very new with nice modern displays. Almost everything has a "hand-on" aspect that really involves young children. Adults will find this museum nice as well. It is not large so you could easily see (and touch) almost everything in 2 hours or less.