“Fun!”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went with kids and adults at several different times. Many hands on displays. I felt at times like I was in the old Mousetrap board-game. Awe-inspiring and a way for kids to learn without being "taught". If they had Lego's and 3d printers it would be amazing.

Visited May 2013

Loveland, Colorado, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Good Family Fun”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We visited the museum first to see if we wanted to get a family pass. My 7 yr old son had a great time playing with the hands on exhibits as did my wife and I. We decided to get an annual family pass, which was a great value, as it also allows entry to the Denver Museum of Science and Nature.

We have seen 1 show in the Otterbox Dome which was fun.

Highly recommended.

Denver
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Too much for too little”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We actually wanted to see the museum that was in the old downtown area, but it had moved from the old red stone building to a new building a couple of miles up the road. Instead of being a museum however, it is now a discovery center, too, with most of the floor space dedicated to entertainment. The museum portion was a short 40-minute visit, with the promise of much more to come because it was still in storage. Also, the old buildings on the old museum grounds were not going to be moved. There was a homestead cabin, a school house, and other buildings which we never got to see because the old museum was never open when we visited the city before. $19 seems a stiff price to pay for what we wanted to see.

1 Thank Donna S
Ault, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Lots to explore, great hands-on experience”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The new museum is so much fun. They have numerous hands-on exhibits that the entire family can enjoy. Membership is affordable and if you have a membership to The Denver Museum of Nature and Science, they will often let you in free. One down side is that they don't currently have anyone in their cafe, they just have vending g machines with snack foods. You either eat before you go or leave and come back or eat after. They are in close proximity to Old Town Fort Collins, which has great restaurants and an eclectic mix of shops. We like to go a little further North to the Subway for a more economical lunch option.
Be prepared for your kids to not want to leave. They even have live ferrets that you can observe and they have a feeding demonstration. On our last visit, they had some fun demonstrations with electricity in their classrooms. There is the funky forest which teaches kids how water flow affects plant life. There are bumpers the kids can move around to affect the water, which is a colorful projection on the wall and trees grow and recede according to where you direct the water. There are even little bugs and butterflies projected on the wall. I won't give away the fun part with the bugs, but the kids love it.
From trying to lift a piano, to jamming with a band, to the xylophone room, to the music apps on multiple I-pads with headphones, the music experience is awesome. They have instruments, much like Rock Band for the XBOX, that allow you to learn to play an instrument. You can even jam with the other instruments that are in your grouping. One person on drums, one on guitar and one on keyboard. From 11-2, they have the garage open, where they have real instruments.
The tornado tunnel (can't remember the exact name) allows you to experience tornado force winds. My kids always try this out several times every visit. They also have a station with circuit boards the kids can build and one where you build a parachute and put it in a wind tunnel and watch it fly up and then back down. My three-year-old spends the majority of her time there and goes back again and again.
There is so much more I could tell you about but you should really go and discover all the amazing and fun things they have there for yourself. They have summer camps and they have a planetarium, though they call it something else. Well worth your time and money.

1 Thank csgomez79
Los Osos, California
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Music and Bears, oh my!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My grandkids come here often, so they led me around. They wanted to show me everything, and they did! I loved the bison display and the animal displays. The kids like the hands on aspect of everything in the museum, but it's not just for kids. The music area is wonderful--you could learn to play guitar here! and it's educational for everyone!

Visited March 2013