“Excellent food, a bit noisy”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of d'Vine Bistro & Wine Bar - CLOSED

d'Vine Bistro & Wine Bar
Cuisines: American, Spanish, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Colorado
“Excellent food, a bit noisy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

D'Vine Bistro used to be on Harmony and they moved to the old Dempsey's spot on Oak Street in Fort Collins, CO in early 2014. They upgraded the restaurant to a warmer feel with dark green walls and nice pull back curtains and stonework near the fireplace. The floor is nice too - but in all this upgrading they did not think about the sound bouncing around. I found it hard to listen to my date and it was a bit frustrating as people got louder and that is a problem. Our food was very good - my friend had the Coq au vin and I had the Beef tips with mushrooms and spinach. Overall our main meals were very well done although my friend's came out lukewarm. We were seated near the front door. I would advise them to seat people away from the door as much as possible as it is cold outside. We got a chill every time someone arrived. The French press coffee was perfect and the chocolate mousse was very dense and delicious - just wish it was served in a wider mouth dessert cup so we could have shared it easier. No teaspoons were available and it was hard to get to it.

I think it is the sort of place to drink wine and have dinner. My date and I are not wine drinkers, but we enjoyed the meal. Some nice subtle wall soundproofing would be a good idea and if they turned on the gas fireplace that would add to the ambiance a bit more too.

I have been here for lunch and they are super busy for lunch. A totally different menu. I would totally go back here and I am very glad to see a successful restaurant take this great space in old town! The variety of the menu is exceptional. Their chef is very talented and the wait staff was excellent - not too intrusive like some other places that constantly ask you "how does it taste?" "how does it taste?".......so that was refreshing.

Thanks! We enjoyed the evening!!

Ireland
“Great location, fantastic food and I'll be back.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Stopped in for a quick lunch and Andrew, my server understood my needs. The food was delicious, the portions just right and the pricing was fair. I'll be getting back there for a more leisurely lunch soon - and for what looks like a good dinner as soon as I can.

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Disappointing wine selection”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

First of all, they have not updated their website with their Old Town location.
Our party of eight went here for pre-dinner wine before we went to Jay's. The wine selections were mediocre at best...all of the wines are what I would describe as "entry level". My wife and I love wine and are quite adept at finding outstanding, highly-rated wines in the $15-25 retail per bottle price range. None of the wines we had fell into that category, which tells us whoever is choosing the wines is doing a poor job at it. I had a "bubbly" flight. Two of the three were ok, mediocre, the third was already "spoiled", from a bottle that had clearly been open for days or else the bottle was just bad...did not send it back. The ladies had cocktails which were ok, but they all said the drinks didn't have the amount of liquor in it they would expect. Another friend had a foreign red flight and he said it was mediocre. Don't believe we will be back. If this is what you consider Ft Collins best wine bar, suggest you try Cafe Vino. It is pretty good, but not great. This beer town really deserves better in terms of wine bars, and D'Vine is most certainly a disappointment. Service was fair, not great.

Estes park Colorado
“One of the best new places to eat in Fort Collins, Colorado”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stopped by mid day on a Monday and were very pleased with the menu and the lunches we had. Great choices wine, beer entrees and deserts. We highly recommend this place for lunch or dinner.
Give it a try.

• Visited January 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Good Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

It is tough to find a tapas type restaurant in Fort Collins that has quality food, but d'Vine does a good job! It is worth going here and trying them out!

Visited November 2013