“Two Words - Fat Tire”

Ranked #1 of 112 things to do in Fort Collins
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Serving up great brews of course. That's what they do.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,055)
All reviews
"different beers"
in 38 reviews

997 - 1,001 of 1,055 reviews

Reviewed November 17, 2011

The tour at New Belgium is not to be missed! Not only is there a nice "Beer 101" lesson, it is fascinating learn about Belgian-tradition beers that expand well beyond the German Reinheitsgebot (which mandates that the only acceptable ingredients water, grain, and hops...no orange peel!) The other interesting aspect to learn about is New Belgium's commitment to be a great place to work and a leader in environmentally friendly production. ...and of course the tastings at the end of the tour are legendary.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

My husband is a freak for microbrews so when we were vacationing in CO, we had to go here. I agreed more or less out of just trying to be nice. Good call. This was really fun! Unless you're popping in at the last minute I would highly recommend getting a tour reservation online. We went on a Thurs aft during "shoulder season" & the place was crowded. Our tour guide was a great guy; (Bernie, I think???) & he knew everything about how the co. got started, how the beer was made, the entire history of the place, etc. And we lost track of how many free samples we got. And I don't mean a sip in the bottom of a shot glass, either! Way more than enough to have a full, true taste of each beer the craft there. New Belgium is on the cutting edge of green technology, too & incorporate it into their daily business practices. Lots of fun stuff to look at. Look for Spongebob Squarepants...he's there! Don't miss this fun, free thing to do!!!

Reviewed November 8, 2011

This summer we went out to Denver to visit my cousin. My husband's only wish was to go to Fort Collins and go to the New Belgium Brewery. Since this is his favorite American beer, I could not say no. I do not drink beer and thought I would be bored but it was actually very interesting. Of course, he loved every second of the tour! They tell you about how the company got it start, how it has grown over the years, give you a tour of the facility and of course you get to drink beer along the way. If you are a lightweight, please do not drink everything they give you because you will be tipsy. : )

See more reviews
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I went here with my wife, brother-in-law and sister-in-law two weekends ago. We showed up fifteen minutes before a tour started, but found out we were supposed to reserve online. We put our names on the list (behind 4 other people), and we were happily surprised when everyone on the list was able to get in. The tour was really good, and I liked how informal it felt. The tour guide obviously had some facts to list off, but he was also ok answering random questions and getting a little off topic. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone visiting the Fort Collins area.