“The Starbuck's of fro-yo”
Review of TCBY

TCBY
Ranked #18 of 19 Dessert in Fort Collins
Reviewed May 30, 2012

How many Fro-Yo places do we need in Fort Collins? There’s Coolberry, Spooners, Mahalo, Mai Berry, Golden Spoon, and now the newest addition and frozen yogurt pioneer – TCBY. Each one is different than the other, offering something slightly unique. However, I’m having a
hard time finding the silver lining from TCBY. Sure, they are a 30-year-old company and the first to ever bring frozen yogurt to the masses. They’ve done a fantastic job of re-branding to stay relevant with the changing times. And, they’ve somehow discovered how to make “Super Fro-Yo,” one of the healthiest frozen yogurt choices out there.

But, I’m not sold. I remember eating their frozen yogurt regularly when I was a high school student in Vegas. It was a weekly treat for our family. Despite this, there’s no nostalgic impression left on me, and I’m uninspired by their offerings.

With so many more TCBY stores coming to Northern Colorado, I feel like they are the Starbucks of fro-yo. Thus, I’ll choose my frozen yogurt just like I choose my coffee – keeping it small-business friendly.

There are newer reviews for TCBY