“Pizza is apparently an easy thing to get wrong...”
Review of The Garlic Knot

The Garlic Knot
Ranked #157 of 626 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed December 15, 2012

With so many pizza places in Fort Collins, I was hoping this would be good. Groupon had a deal, so I bit, and ended-up using the Groupon that very night. Starting off with "garlic knots with mozzarella", I quickly realized this was just a run-of-the-mill pizza place. While they weren't horrible, there just was nothing great about them. A beer accompanied my speciality pizza; again, nothing wrong with it, but nothing great.

The place was quite busy, but be aware that parking, due to the Starbucks next door, is quite limited at night. Several families with kids were present, so obviously it was deemed family appropriate.

Would I go back? Neh. The Groupon was a decent deal, but paying regular price, I'd go elsewhere.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

A perfect place for pizza, calzones, pasta. The garlic knots are fantastic, pizza either whole or by the slice, and wonderful prices, great service, too.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Have you ever had a slice of pizza where the crust is perfectly toasted, the cheese is melting and oozing off the pizza, and when you take a bite the sauce throws a party in your mouth? If not, go to the “Garlic knot”. They don’t have the frozen processed pizza you see at the franchises that are just in it for the money they have pizza that is fit for a king. The Garlic knot has a variety of hand tossed New York style pizza and there signature garlic knot breadsticks. They are a great business and are quite new to the area. If you want a piece of New York come to this restaurant. The Garlic Knot is a restaurant to remember because because they use fresh ingredients, they give back to the community, they have amazing costumer service, and they serve delicious gluten free pizza.
The Garlic Knot uses fresh ingredients in their pizza. They cook the pizza right in front of you using fresh ingredients. You can see them tossing the pizza in the back and putting it in the ginormous oven with the variety of toppings. They cook the garlic bread sticks by knotting them and then covering them in garlic and melting mozzarella cheese on top. They use delicious fresh ingredients and it makes the pizza taste that much better.
The Garlic Knot gives back to the community in many different ways. They have had several occasions where they have helped out the community, but the one that stood out to me was the one they did for my family. My whole family is moving to Africa and they helped us by doing a fundraiser where they gave us fifty percent of the proceeds. They care about the community and aren’t just in it for the money which is a great characteristic for a restaurant.
The Garlic knot has amazing customer service and treats you like you’re part of the family. When my family went in to the Garlic knot for the first time they welcomed us with a vibrant smile and took us to our table. The waitress took our order and brought our pizza in a short amount of time. Throughout the night she refilled our drinks when that wasn’t her job and always quickly resolved any problems that we had. The atmosphere was calm and very nice for a family dinner or for a quick bite after a long day of working. It is small and cozy in the restaurant, and they treat their guests with respect and an energetic spirit.
They also serve a savory gluten free pizza that invites more people with allergic reactions. My dad is gluten intolerant and it’s very hard to find gluten free restaurants the garlic knot serves pizza that is delicious and gluten free. Even though this pizza is a little more expensive than then other pizza, it is cheap compared to other gluten free restaurants. They have a variety of different kind of gluten free pizzas and cook it in a secluded area to ensure the safety of gluten intolerant people. This was definitely a plus for people with this condition and shows that they want to serve their pizza to as many people as they can.
When you walk into the Garlic Knot expect great things because I thought the Garlic knot was going to be another deadbeat restaurant but surprised me in the end. The next time I ordered pizza I was expecting it to be like the amazing pizza at the Garlic Knot but was disappointed when I took a bite of the unappetizing pizza. I thought of the delicious Garlic Knot and wished we had gotten it from there. I still love to go with my family to eat at the Garlic knot, and whenever I walk into the restaurant I have a smile on my face.

From my son Caleb Gallegos

Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here a number of times and am never dissapointed. The calzones and pizza are amazing. I have heard people complain that the garlic knots have too much garlic. If you don't like garlic, don't order something based around it. The waitresses I've had are always willing to work with us on whatever we want on pizza/ calzones/ even the dessert knots are great! I love this place for my family and will be back!

1  Thank iamJewl
Reviewed March 7, 2012

When you are eating garlic knots at The Garlic Knot, you are eating massive amounts of garlic. There should be no surprise about this. The garlic is so strong that it leaves an intense bitter taste on your palate. Some people love the taste of garlic so much that they wouldn't mind this level of intensity. I didn't think it was too bad; I've had much more extreme experiences. The Kindergartener thought it was "too spicy," but The Preschooler ate them up without complaints. My biggest issue wasn't necessarily the liberal use of garlic (which you can request to be left off when you order), but the tough, chewy, off-putting texture of the dough. That was actually pretty bad, so much that I considered them flat out unappealing.

Unless you are a garlic fanatic, or trying to ward off vampires, I'd recommend you ask them to tone it down when dining at The Garlic Knot.

2  Thank FeastingFortCollins