“Wow! An Afgani success story.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Maza Kabob
Ranked #3 of 590 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Afghani
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family owned Authentic Afghan restaurant offering uniquely spiced kabobs and many other Afghan specialties. Great vegetarian and gluten free options.
Loveland, Colorado
“Wow! An Afgani success story.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Absolutely great flavors, great food. We had never before had Afgan food, but we loved every bite. Some of the best Middle Eastern food that we've ever had, and we love the food of Lebanon, Jordan, Iran, Turkey, Greece. Be sure to order the potato bollani as an appetizer. It's amazing. It looks like a quesadilla, but what a symphony of flavors. Burrani, The eggplant dish, and the aashak, dumplings topped with meat sauce and yogurt sauce, are superb. We can't wait to go back and try other dishes. It's worth a special trip to Fort Collins to experience. The only drawback to the restaurant is the atmosphere, which is more utilitarian than inviting, although the tables and chairs are comfortable. You order at the counter and are expected to bus your own tables. Still it's great food at a great price, and the owner is remarkable. Hear his life story. It's like so many of the stories from that part of the world.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Hendersonville, North Carolina
“You WILL be pleased by the Owner of this Establishment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We were traveling through the Fort Collins vicinity and decided to try this restaurant for lunch, based upon the excellent Trip Advisor reviews. I ordered a chai, home made and delicious, and my entree was the Kabuli Pallow. All was seasoned to perfection with an excellent blend of wonderful spicing. The shredded carrots and raisins tasted very fresh. Actually, I couldn't finish all my food, but my partner gladly assisted me in that endeavor. The owner made sure my chai was fresh and came to our table, after serving us, to ensure we were satisfied!

I must comment that the restaurant was nicely decorated, absolutely clean and this included the spacious restroom. If I lived in the area, I would be a "regular" customer! Wonderful quality food at an excellent value.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Hilda0414
Rochester, MN
“Casual Diner or Take-Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We chose to order take-out. The food was very tasty and unique. We especially enjoyed the eggplant and aashak (vegetable dumplings with meat sauce). The setting is very casual, more of a lunch environment than dinner ambiance.

Visited May 2014
Corning, New York
“Not strip mall food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

Good food, friendly service and an owner with an amazing story (he was featured in the Denver newspapers - take a look!). This was my first time experiencing Afghani food and I enjoyed it, especially the fresh and unique spice combinations. We went in a group of 7 and it did take us a while to be served which was unusual given that it's a casual service restaurant, but the food did come out hot! Definitely not a fancy eatery as it has virtually zero ambiance but just good food!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Portland, Oregon
“Savory and Sensational”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

While the strip shopping center locale may deter some, the savory and well-prepared dishes at Maza Kabob will stay with you long after you leave and keep you coming back.

Each order is served on its own tray with plastic plate, cups & utensils which feels more geared toward lunch than dinner, yet the serving size is generously portioned for either.

We had the aushauk (beef dumplings with yogurt mint sauce), eggplant biranyi, chicken and beef kabobs, and a beef wrap - all of which were excellent. The naan is plain and the finely chopped salad very fresh. Only non-alcoholic beverages are sold, including chai. We did not have room for dessert... Maybe next time.

Sayid and his family are warm and friendly -- another reason that I will go back in a heartbeat and why I will rave about it to my Ft. Collins friends and Trip Advisor.

• Visited May 2014