“You WILL be pleased by the Owner of this Establishment”
Review of Maza Kabob

Maza Kabob
Ranked #3 of 615 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Afghani
Description: Family owned Authentic Afghan restaurant offering uniquely spiced kabobs and many other Afghan specialties. Great vegetarian and gluten free options.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“You WILL be pleased by the Owner of this Establishment”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We were traveling through the Fort Collins vicinity and decided to try this restaurant for lunch, based upon the excellent Trip Advisor reviews. I ordered a chai, home made and delicious, and my entree was the Kabuli Pallow. All was seasoned to perfection with an excellent blend of wonderful spicing. The shredded carrots and raisins tasted very fresh. Actually, I couldn't finish all my food, but my partner gladly assisted me in that endeavor. The owner made sure my chai was fresh and came to our table, after serving us, to ensure we were satisfied!

I must comment that the restaurant was nicely decorated, absolutely clean and this included the spacious restroom. If I lived in the area, I would be a "regular" customer! Wonderful quality food at an excellent value.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Hilda0414

Rochester, MN
“Casual Diner or Take-Out”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We chose to order take-out. The food was very tasty and unique. We especially enjoyed the eggplant and aashak (vegetable dumplings with meat sauce). The setting is very casual, more of a lunch environment than dinner ambiance.

Visited May 2014
Corning, New York
“Not strip mall food”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Good food, friendly service and an owner with an amazing story (he was featured in the Denver newspapers - take a look!). This was my first time experiencing Afghani food and I enjoyed it, especially the fresh and unique spice combinations. We went in a group of 7 and it did take us a while to be served which was unusual given that it's a casual service restaurant, but the food did come out hot! Definitely not a fancy eatery as it has virtually zero ambiance but just good food!

• Visited November 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Savory and Sensational”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

While the strip shopping center locale may deter some, the savory and well-prepared dishes at Maza Kabob will stay with you long after you leave and keep you coming back.

Each order is served on its own tray with plastic plate, cups & utensils which feels more geared toward lunch than dinner, yet the serving size is generously portioned for either.

We had the aushauk (beef dumplings with yogurt mint sauce), eggplant biranyi, chicken and beef kabobs, and a beef wrap - all of which were excellent. The naan is plain and the finely chopped salad very fresh. Only non-alcoholic beverages are sold, including chai. We did not have room for dessert... Maybe next time.

Sayid and his family are warm and friendly -- another reason that I will go back in a heartbeat and why I will rave about it to my Ft. Collins friends and Trip Advisor.

• Visited May 2014
Socorro, New Mexico
“A hidden gem in Fort Collins”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Set in a humble environment by King Souper on College, this little restaurant provides a truly unique set of flavors in a town full of restaurants. We ordered both meat and vegetarian dishes and were well pleased with the flavors, the spice, and the freshness. The food just tasted different than anything else downtown. We were all unfamiliar with Afgan food but it made our evening. We fully concur that it is a wonderful place to eat, and is a shining example that a great and nutritious meal need not be expensive.

• Visited May 2014