“Excellent Food and Friendly Atmosphere”
Review of Maza Kabob

Maza Kabob
Ranked #4 of 620 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Afghani
Description: Family owned Authentic Afghan restaurant offering uniquely spiced kabobs and many other Afghan specialties. Great vegetarian and gluten free options.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We eat at Maza as often as we can, sometimes the two of us and sometimes with friends. Food is excellent if you like tasty, spicy (but not hot spicy) food. And if you like hot, they will provide you with some dynamite hot chutney. If, like one reviewer on TripAdvisor, you don't care for Afghan or Indian style cooking (and certainly not a good hot chutney), then of course you should go elsewhere!

It's great to have a reasonably authentic Afghan restaurant in town -- although similar to Indian and Nepalese, there are some significant differences. Not as hot as authentic Indian, with some wonderful unique flavors. For those limiting their gluten intake (like my significant other) almost all dishes there are gluten-free, though you will need to forego the nan (bread) and have rice instead.

Please note that Maza Kabob is an informal cafe where you order at a counter and they bring all your dishes to you. So don't go there expecting elegant dining with waiters in tuxedos. But we have always had fine service and great food. And at about $15 a person for reasonable portions including tea or soft drinks, it is good value for money.

If you haven't tried Maza Kabob and want to try something delicious, and different than the usual local chain restaurants, give it a try.

1  Thank Paul F
There are newer reviews for Maza Kabob

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Excellent food, clean restaurant! The owner came out and interacted with us, made us feel welcome. The experience was awesome!

1  Thank Jessie G
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We all liked our food very much. There was a great selection and we wanted to try everything. The chicken was good and the rice was fluffy and lovely, the eggplant was delicious and the beef wraps were excellent.
The restaurant is very casual and very clean. It's counter service but they bring your order to the table and get you anything else you may want. I think it was the owner who greeted us heartily from in the kithen when we first arrived and then later came out to our table to ask us personally how our meals were. It was a nice touch. We will surely go back.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

One of the best restaurants in Fort Collins. The food was fabulous and quite different. The kabobs were perfect and the potatoes were special. Desert is a must!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I love this place. The food is absolutely outstanding, and after trying it on a whim, I have been back over and over. Sure, the restaurant "atmosphere" is pretty plain/normal I guess...but then again, I don't particularly enjoy paying out the nose for "environment" since I'm infinitely more interested in the food! I really enjoy going with a friend and sharing something tried & true (the kabobs are great) and then something different. I have never been disappointed in anything that I have tasted. For me, it definitely deserves its current top spot on the list, especially in Fort Collins where many restaurants seem to be dramatically more interested in their beer selection than actually cooking up a great meal.

1  Thank JMB1209