“Try Something New...”
Review of Maza Kabob

Maza Kabob
Ranked #3 of 615 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Afghani
Description: Family owned Authentic Afghan restaurant offering uniquely spiced kabobs and many other Afghan specialties. Great vegetarian and gluten free options.
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
“Try Something New...”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I am very bad about not trying anything new. My friend Mark had been to the Maza Kabob and wanted to take me there for lunch. It was delicious. The owner waited on us and made us feel right at home. The food was very flavorful and I will go back. Next time I will have the beef. I had chicken last time and it was great. Try something new....you won't be disappointed.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Betty K

Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Staff were great, the owner and his son came to greet us!
I went for dinner on my birthday (Oct. 13th), then lunch the following day!
Oh, the food is great!!! The flavors are unforgetable!

• Visited October 2012
Colorado
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I didn't know what to expect, but had been told by the friend I went with that it was really good, and boy was he right! I'm vegetarian so tried the eggplant dish and it was truly one of the best meals I've eaten in a very long time. Absolutely delicious! I understand the family that owns and runs it works extremely hard and is very dedicated to highest quality and best ingredients prepared perfectly! I have recommended to many friends who have also loved it. I will be back many times!

Vienna, VA
“Worth a short drive from downtown”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were touring the restored historic district and ready for lunch but nothing there was what we wanted so we checked out Trip Advisor, saw this Kabob restaurant listed and decided to drive a short distance from downtown. It is located in a strip shopping center with a KMART and does not look like much from the outside.

We were greeted by the very friendly owner and we chose two dishes to share for the two of us. Food was delicious and we enjoyed talking with the owner. Coming from the DC area where we have lots of great Middle Eastern restaurants, we were pleasantly surprised at how good the Maza Kabob is.

We love to support locally owned non corporate places with great food and great value and Maza Kabob offered all of the above.

Denver, Colorado
“Tear down the restaurant blocking Maza Kabob--they need the parking space!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Tonight we returned to the relatively new Afghan restaurant, Maza Kabob, and they did not disappoint. Previously, I had the Chicken Kabob, and tonight I tried the Maza Kabob which is marinated steak tips and onions. The meat was delicious and perfectly cooked. The Maza Kabob plate comes with both rice and delicately seasoned potatoes. On the side are a yogurt dipping sauce and a small salad. The only drawback to this dish may be the lack of vegetables, but everything is so good that it's easy to overlook.
Maza Kabob has a wide selection of authentic Afghan dishes, and Kabobs can be purchased individually with a slice of naan bread. Sayed, the chef and owner, is personable and passionate about his food and he comes by your table to check that everything was to your liking.
Maza Kabob is a definite must for the residents of Fort Collins and those visiting the area.