“Best Thai Food in US? Definitely a contender! Surprised? Me too.”
Review of Cafe de Bangkok

Cafe de Bangkok
Ranked #40 of 638 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Description: This is a great small restaurant with the best Thai i've found in Fort Collins area. Their address and phone is as follows 1232 West Elizabeth Street Fort Collins, CO 80521-4567 I think other will enjoy this place as much as we did on our visit! (970) 672-8127
Reviewed August 28, 2013

While traveling through Fort Collins with cycling buddies, we were in search of something other than typical roadside diners. Cafe de Bankok was a great find!
Restaurant was filled with people who appears to be passionately enjoying their food. We opted for Beef Salad, Pad Thai, Red Curry w/chicken, and Basil stir fry w/pork. Each dish had unique and well-rounded flavors. This is not some chain that churns out blah. These dishes were amazing!
This is the best Thai food I've had outside of SF. Better than anything I've found in Boston, DC, or NYC.

2  Thank DiscerningTraveler10

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

This is the best Thai food we've had since we moved from San Francisco 7 years ago. The spring rolls, satay, pad thai, fried rice, and chicken stir fry were all excellent. The location is a little small, but the staff was very friendly. The prices are slightly above average but the quality is superior.

1  Thank CstuFTC
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

The food was fantastic, delicious, authentic and flavored to the ultimate maximum. We went there on a Tuesday around 7pm, it wasn't very busy but the service was just horribly slow. We waited about 45 minutes to get our entree's. They obviously push the take out orders before serving in house guests. Don't go on a weekend or around peak dining hours. But once the food came it made up for the long wait. It's a $ in price. I would go back again and again. I've been back twice since my first visit in July of 2013. If you like spicy Thai food, then this is a must and of course order your food Thai Hot!!! The S3 menu item which is "Tom Kha Gai" soup is absolutely delicious. Atmosphere is decent. Like I said, aside the slow service and atmosphere, the food is a 10 out of 10 every time and definitely makes up for its lacking of service.

1  Thank Shrimpdoctor121
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This restaurant disappointed because the shrimp in the dishes we ordered were overcooked and tough. I ordered a sweet and sour fried rice dish with shrimp and my friend ordered a chicken and shrimp dish with crispy noodles. I ordered mine medium spicy and it was on the borderland of being too hot but delicious flavors with the basil and lemon grass. My friend also liked the flavor and sauce for her dish but the fact that the shrimp were so tough in both dishes was a major disappointment. The portions were very generous and we could not finish our dishes.
Another flaw right off the get go was the smell of the water. Something must have been contaminated with fish oil from the cooking because the ice water delivered to our table had a strong fishy smell. I did not taste it. Speaking of beverages, no alcohol is served here.
A previous reviewer mentioned the appearance of the outside of the restaurant, being in a strip mall and not particularly inviting. That is not only true but I thought the interior needed a facelift, too. What could be an intimate space has very little visual appeal on the inside. We went early and by 6:00 p.m. the small space was almost half full. I think there are not more than 10 tables.
I noticed that the other people eating were raving about their menu choices. This is not a noisy restaurant and the space allowed for good conversations. There was a family present with older teens.
There was one server the night we were there who was very likable and eager for us to enjoy our food.
The restaurant has a wide selection of menu choices. They have an informative web site.
I'm glad I went and would certainly try them another time. Just don't feel I can give them more stars for this visit.

1  Thank jacaranda83
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I was passing through Ft Collins, opened up Trip Adviser & found this restaurant. Had I just driven by it, I wouldn't have stopped. It doesn't look impressive from the outside, but the Pad Thai was rocking. I very much enjoyed this restaurant.

2  Thank SabreJoe