“Best Thai hands down in Fort Collins and possibly in the state of CO” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe de Bangkok

Cafe de Bangkok
Ranked #43 of 590 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is a great small restaurant with the best Thai i've found in Fort Collins area. Their address and phone is as follows 1232 West Elizabeth Street Fort Collins, CO 80521-4567 I think other will enjoy this place as much as we did on our visit! (970) 672-8127
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
“Best Thai hands down in Fort Collins and possibly in the state of CO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

The food was fantastic, delicious, authentic and flavored to the ultimate maximum. We went there on a Tuesday around 7pm, it wasn't very busy but the service was just horribly slow. We waited about 45 minutes to get our entree's. They obviously push the take out orders before serving in house guests. Don't go on a weekend or around peak dining hours. But once the food came it made up for the long wait. It's a $ in price. I would go back again and again. I've been back twice since my first visit in July of 2013. If you like spicy Thai food, then this is a must and of course order your food Thai Hot!!! The S3 menu item which is "Tom Kha Gai" soup is absolutely delicious. Atmosphere is decent. Like I said, aside the slow service and atmosphere, the food is a 10 out of 10 every time and definitely makes up for its lacking of service.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Shrimpdoctor121

Boulder, Colorado
“Expected Better But Glad I Went!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

This restaurant disappointed because the shrimp in the dishes we ordered were overcooked and tough. I ordered a sweet and sour fried rice dish with shrimp and my friend ordered a chicken and shrimp dish with crispy noodles. I ordered mine medium spicy and it was on the borderland of being too hot but delicious flavors with the basil and lemon grass. My friend also liked the flavor and sauce for her dish but the fact that the shrimp were so tough in both dishes was a major disappointment. The portions were very generous and we could not finish our dishes.
Another flaw right off the get go was the smell of the water. Something must have been contaminated with fish oil from the cooking because the ice water delivered to our table had a strong fishy smell. I did not taste it. Speaking of beverages, no alcohol is served here.
A previous reviewer mentioned the appearance of the outside of the restaurant, being in a strip mall and not particularly inviting. That is not only true but I thought the interior needed a facelift, too. What could be an intimate space has very little visual appeal on the inside. We went early and by 6:00 p.m. the small space was almost half full. I think there are not more than 10 tables.
I noticed that the other people eating were raving about their menu choices. This is not a noisy restaurant and the space allowed for good conversations. There was a family present with older teens.
There was one server the night we were there who was very likable and eager for us to enjoy our food.
The restaurant has a wide selection of menu choices. They have an informative web site.
I'm glad I went and would certainly try them another time. Just don't feel I can give them more stars for this visit.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jacaranda83
“Great Thai! Don't let the store front fool you--great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I was passing through Ft Collins, opened up Trip Adviser & found this restaurant. Had I just driven by it, I wouldn't have stopped. It doesn't look impressive from the outside, but the Pad Thai was rocking. I very much enjoyed this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank SabreJoe
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Great Thai food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Have eaten here three times now with my family. The food is consistently VERY good, very fresh and very flavorable. It is not a place full of atmosphere, but the food can't be beat. Beware: their Thai hot is almost lethal!! ;)

• Visited June 2013
Hamden, Connecticut
“Authentic and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I have lived in several cities across the US, and have found Cafe De Bangkok to be one of the best Thai food restaurants anywhere. Great spices and flavors. Service can be slow, but it's worth the wait! Hole in the wall location, near a tattoo parlor and McDonalds- don't be fooled- this place is AMAZING!

2 Thank Morocco2