“Great beer pub sort of off the beaten path of Ft. Collins”

The Mayor of Old Town
Ranked #18 of 686 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2018

We headed to this place in search of a nice cold and tasty beer. After walking the local campus, I was in search of a great place to have a local beer. Both my wife and I found our favorite craft beer at this location. We had appetizers to go with our meal. The tap had plenty of choices to choose from. The food was plentiful and priced fairly for the locals as well as the out of town visitors. The wait staff was friendly, knowledgable, and willing to make sure our visit was the best that it could be. Our table was in a great spot, allowing for conversation without the need to shout. I would recommend this place to all beer lovers.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

We were a group of 8 and we had an awesome server. I got there before everyone else and grabbed a table and the server came over promptly and set up the table for us. Split check was no problem. I live their guacamole- nice and jalapeño/garlic spicy. Wish they had corn chips, but their chips were good with the guacamole. I had the BBQ pork sandwich - it was good, but nothing special. The fries are coated seasoned fries and not that great - wish I had ordered the green beans instead! I don’t drink, but everyone else enjoyed the beer selection. It was rather noisy at times- and it was hard to have a conversation. The server was why this is 4 stars instead of 3.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018

The food was just average but the brew list was much better. There are lots of beer choices and something for everyone. It was extremely busy on a Saturday night and very loud.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I picked this place based on the reviews and beer selection. We had a little trouble finding it and parking was a little challenging, but we are glad we stuck with it. We were in town for the GABF and because of the event, Mayor had a special selection of beers they had just put on that day. My husband was really happy with the choices and had a few really good beers. The food was also terrific. I had the green chili burger (at the recommendation of our server, Jacob) which was excellent. I’m sure I missed it, but I didn’t see the truffle fries that I’d read about in other reviews, but the food was great regardless.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018

I love all the different beers on tap at the Mayor. the bartenders are so helpful and friendly. They will even blend different beers together. The food is good. It is right off the Max bus line. Very nice.

Date of visit: August 2018