“Family visit”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Ft. Collins South
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Good location, right off the highway, centrally located. Rooms were clean - just installed new carpeting. The beds were very comfortable. Having breakfast available was very convenient. The children enjoyed the pool.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
April B, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Ft. Collins South, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for your review and are glad that you enjoyed your stay during your family visit. I am very glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy our large pool area and breakfast. We are consistently renovating to keep our property in great shape and glad that you noticed the new guest room carpet.Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We made reservations and they only got 1/3 of it right. Eggs were cold at breakfast. The staff was good and the room was clean just not the room we reserved.........................................................

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
April B, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Ft. Collins South, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Mr Jim C. I apologize that your reservations had not been done correctly. We work very hard to make sure our guest experience is enjoyable and I apologize that when the reservation was made through a different source that they mislead you in the room types that allow pets. We are currently working with our reservation systems so that this error should not occur again in the future. Again I apologize for the inconvience that this caused you and hope that in the future you will give us another opportunity.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I reserved a non-smoking king room with a fireplace for about 98 bucks a night. We were checked into a smoking room with a fireplace, it really stunk. Immediately called front desk, no Kings available, but was given a smaller room with two queens. I asked about if it was cheaper, but was told by the clerk that the new room was a $170 a night room, so there was no refund for the lesser room. That did not make sense to me, but we were tired after driving all day. Bad news continued...the beds were completely worn out, very uncomfortable. The bathroom was full of crack and missing grout, patched and not painted areas of the wall, and large dirt handprints and dirt on top of the shower stall. The breakfast was fine, no problems there. Our bill was over $200 for the two nights, and honestly, it was worth about $45 a night due to the very worn out beds and the poorly maintained room. The building looks great on the outside, but the rooms need work. Plus, never an apology or explanation of why we were given a smoking room when our reservation was made weeks before!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
April B, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Ft. Collins South, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I take all your comments seriously. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss these issues further.I can be reached at (970)226-1232 and I apologize for any problems that occured during your stay as we take pride in our hotel and its upkeep. I look forward to hearing from you and for the opporunity to make things right with you.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Oh where do I start. Staff was rude, room was horrid for the price. I found hair in the sheets and a toenail clipping in the sink. We ended up moving to a different hotel in the middle of the night because of the smell coming out to the bathroom. I have been to hotels all over the world and this is by far the worst I've been in. I complained to the manager and was told there was nothing wrong with the room. If you are ever in the area do not stay in this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Drive 8 miles south and find a better hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank thorlew

I am beyond apologetic that your stay was anything less then great. We take pride in our hotel and value our guest and I am sorry that you did not receive the service and or room cleanliness that we promise. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further and to make this experience right. I can be reached at (970)226-1232 and again apologize for any problems that occured and I will be addressing this review with my staff.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

My room was clean and comfortable, and they served a REAL buffet breakfast with eggs, ham, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, a variety of cereals, yogurts, sweet rolls and coffee/tea. Friendly staff, too.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank DebLark
April B, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Ft. Collins South, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am so glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy our hot breakfast buffett. We take pride in our hotel and our breakfast buffett. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

My partner and I stayed here for one night in the fireplace/spa tub room. It was wonderful. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the overall experience was perfect. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for wonderful review. We are so glad that you enjoyed one of our many suites. We appreciate your business and look forward to you being our guest again.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We had to take one of our girls to Loveland to see if the eye specialist vet could help our girl get her sight back. Unfortunately, it was not meant to be. We stayed at the AmericInn Lodge on our way back home. They were very friendly and everyone there seemed to love pets, which is what a pet lover loves to see in a hotel. They were very friendly and expressed their sympathy to our girl about her doctor visit. The room was wonderful next to the poor excuse we stayed in going down. They had plenty of areas around the hotel for our girl to do her business and she even got to meet one of the employee's dogs when I took her out to do her business at 3:30 in the morning. We had a nice visit and the maid assured us we couldn't have gone to a better vet to try and help our girl, which helped me feel a little better about the outcome of our visit. This trip was all about our girl's comfort and they made her feel welcome. That meant everything to us.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
April B, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Ft. Collins South, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for your amazing review. I am so glad that your girl and you had a great stay. We love our pets here at the AmericInn Fort Collins!! Thank you for choosing to stay with us here and we hope to get to see you and your girl next time you are in the area.