“Interesting twist on the regulars”

Fort Collins Brewery & Tavern
Ranked #92 of 592 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: American, Bar, Brew Pub, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Fort Collins Brewery & Tavern is a family- owned, hand-crafted microbrewery in Northern Colorado, established in 2003. FCB offers an outstanding line-up of 50 ales and lagers that can be found on tap as well as in bottles throughout the U.S. Our philosophy is "Create Share Savor", as we are inspired to create high quality craft beer... To share with friends and family... And to savor the experience!
Leawood, Kansas
“Interesting twist on the regulars”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

We went here because I love craft beer and like to support local breweries. I was with my wife and our children aged 3 and 1.

The food: We ordered various items that did not go together simply to try different foods. The fried chicken and waffles with maple syrup and spicy butter were good. The waffles are made from spent grains from the brewing process. They aren't Roscoe's chicken and waffles good, but let's be honest, nothing can touch those. The shrimp and grits were above average. Bacon wrapped pretzel (What?!) was really tasty. The fries with mushroom gravy and cheese curds were a bit heavy, but tasted good.

We had a sampler of beers. 4 for $4. This was a great way to sample beers that are not bottled or distributed out of state.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere as the restaurant looked into the brewery, but also had outdoor seating. Overall, it was a nice place to eat and close to old town Ft. Collins.

Fort Collins, Colorado
“It's a Brewery - It's a Restaurant: ---> It's a better Brewery”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

While G-1020 is a Restaurant, it's a better brewery than restaurant. We found service on patio slow, food mediocre, and when I asked for mayo with my burger I received some sort of salad dressing or miracle whip stuff! I would also take a strong re-look at the menu, we found it weak and tough to find something we liked. Thank God for the hamburger and chicken sandwich on the menu. The restaurant did offer specials, however the wait staff didn't point them out so we missed them till later.

The inside of the restaurant smelled like a dirty drip tray behind the bar. I realize this is a working brewery and maybe there is nothing to cure that smell, as a former bartender, I hate that smell!

The restrooms, while clean there were no towels. When I asked why, a hostess had me look closer for a hand dryer like I've never seen before in my life, it didn't look like a hand dryer. At my casual glance I thought it was a fold down diaper changing tray. I've never seen one like that and I get around! Maybe it could use a label or sign. I did have one!

Overall, it's not an awful place, however with so many good restaurant in Fort Collins, why would I go back, in fact, I wouldn't.

• Visited August 2012
“Great atmosphere, mediocre food, and terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

This past Friday marked the third time my husband and I tried Gravity 1020. It first opened around the time my daughter was born, and we tried it then. It was a great place to take a baby. It is pretty loud, low key, and there are lots of younger families around. However, the food was bad, and the service was worse.

Apparently, that's a pattern. We've gone back twice since that first visit, both times at the invitation of friends. We had sandwiches the second time, and although they are kind of expensive, they were pretty good. Again, the service was pretty slow, and the food seemed to come out at werd times.

So we tried it again, against our better judgement, as it close and convenient. I will not be returning a fourth time. The service was extremely slow. We ordered several appetizers, and those came out with our meals, which rather defeated the purpose. The meals themselves weren't very good. I had "farm fresh" shrimp with geese grits. The shrimp were chewy and very much over-cooked. My meal was also luke warm at best. My husband had the fish and chips. While the taste of the chips (fries) was fabulous, they were COLD. The fish was piping hot, and tastes good, but it was very tough, which fish should not be. We also had hush puppies and shared a beet salad. Both of those were excellent. Even still, it was not enough to make up for the poor service and other issues.

Perhaps the issue lies in how the food is served. There seem to be waiters and food runners, so the waiters never seem to know if the food has been brought out or not. Hence, we ordered bread and had to ask three times to finally get it. It's a shame, really, because te atmosphere is great, and it's so conveniently located for us.

“Solid food with local touch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

We typically prefer the local flavor of microbreweries and theis place did not disappoint. The menu is limited but there is variety with lamb, bison and beef burgersand various local pork dishes. the cuban influenced sandwich was quite well received by two of my party.

Colorado
“Great food which matches with some great beers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

My wife and I were up in Fort Collins, Colorado for the day and wanted to hit one of the great craft brewers in the area. We headed to Gravity Ten Twenty, a restaurant located on site at the Fort Collins Brewery.

The menu was exciting, fresh and packed with locally sources ingredients. I went with the Cuban Sandwich with sweat potato fry, while my wife went with the build it yourself fish taco's. We selected two four glass sample sets to get a chance to try as many of their craft beers as possible. The food was very good and the beer was excellent.

Located across the street from a golf course made sitting on the patio enjoyable. If your in the area I would recommend you check them out.

• Visited April 2012