“Hidden Gem”

Add it.
The Haunted Game Cafe
Ranked #9 of 19 Fun & Games in Fort Collins
More attraction details
Owner description: You're Invited to The Haunted Game Cafe, Fort Collins' coolest board game store and coffee house. We have all the latest award-winning board and card games, and your old favorites, too. Play over 120 games from our "Open Board Game Library" while enjoying one of our many delicious specialty coffee drinks, like the Irish Gothic, or Vampire's Kiss (raspberry mocha). (See drink menu online). Special for families & friends looking for a "spirited" place to have fun. Unique date night entertainment! We also offer custom Italian sodas, chai drinks (hot or cold), muffins, fruit smoothies, Mexican spiced cocoa, kids cocoas and milk, Mighty Leaf teas, muffins, and snacks. Family friendly decor. Hours: Monday-Saturday 10am-10pm Sunday 12pm-7pm
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We love the Gaming Cafe. The owner is super friendly and makes REALLY good coffee. Its a quirky atmosphere and a just plain fun place to hang out. There are games to purchase as well as open games for you to play there. You are also welcome to bring in your own.

2  Thank remibunny

Reviewed August 4, 2011

I'm the community spokesman for one of the local gaming clubs in fort collins and chose to stop by on a Thursday afternoon after eating at a nearby restaurant. In the few years it's been open the store's on-hand merchandise has grown substantially. I found several gaming items in the inventory that aren't available at the other local shops (Gryphon Games and Comics and Hobbytown). The store packs so much inventory that it seems to limit gaming space a little bit but it remains functional to play games there.

Aside from a gamer, I am also a raging coffee addict. I ordered the largest vanilla latte the cafe sold. It wasn't the worst coffee I've ever had but it's bitterness kept me from finishing all of it and I had to drink a soda to counter the taste. It could have been the extra shots that go into a large but ultimately I was not impressed with my drink.

My last comment about the cafe comes from inquiring about a very nice Warhammer gaming table on premises. I am a hobby woodworker as well as gamer and I inquired about the size, cost, and author of the table. Every question was met by the owner with a short condescending answer. I either managed to sleight the owner in five minutes of being in his store or he is generally a rude person. Either way, he guaranteed that the mediocre coffee I had there would be the last thing I ever bought from him.

2  Thank Logic512
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Had a very cheap date night at the Haunted Game Cafe a few weeks ago and had a blast playing in the game 'library' tried some new board games and paired it with a great cup o' joe. I highly recommend visiting this locals' secret!

7  Thank alicat810