“Great sandwiches - steaks too”

Choice City Butcher & Deli
Ranked #35 of 592 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Chadds Ford PA
“Great sandwiches - steaks too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Choice City is a friendly local hangout for sandwiches and casual fare. Outdoor tables are sometimes even used in winter on sunny days. The butcher shop has great selection. We bought and grilled strip steaks that were tender and flavorful.

• Visited February 2013

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Dinner is also good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have previously reviewed Choice City for breakfast and lunch which are awesome but I recently also tried their dinner a couple times. Dinner has the same great quality of food but since it tends to be a bit less crowded the service is a little better. There is an awesome selection of interesting beers and they are ok with you tasting one or two of them before deciding on one. There are "small" and "large" sizes for most items on the menu and I would say its worth asking how small "small" is before ordering or else you might be surprised. Our waitress suggested ordering an additional side with my meal which was very good advice. I would characterize the food as surprisingly high quality in taste/presentation considering the price and for the casual/relaxed atmosphere. What to order: The steak and mashed potatoes really are exceptional, also the dinner crepes and pork chops are highly recommended.

Visited January 2013
Bellvue, Colorado
“Meat and beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Great, HUGE sandwiches, wonderful bacon and other meats, many local specialty brews not available in many other places.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Janet S
KY
“Been many times, but they burned both burgers this time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I've eaten at Choice City numerous times, and always walked-away full and happy. Their sides are great (potatoe salad = yum!), the atmosphere is lively, and you can't beat the burgers. For some reason though, today was quite the "off day" for the crew at Choice City. My group of two came in on the slow Sunday afternoon, and ordered at the counter. After waiting 10ish minutes for our meal, we started to chow down. I took a couple bites, and noticed the burger was charred - not the good char, but the point it was almost burnt. I'm not one to usually say something about food being messed-up, but both people in my group had over-charred burgers. I notified the counter attendant, who gave me the "i'm so sorry! what can we do?" apology. I wasn't asking for anything for free, but really just notifying him that the food was just not done properly. He offered a free beer, which I declined.

I'll definitely visit Choice City again, but next time, on a slow afternoon, it would be better for the staff to not be singing to loud and somewhat rude in the kitchen, and actually be paying attention to the burgers they are cooking.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank hedjuk
Mystic, CT
“Packed and Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

We spent 4 days in Fort Collins and one of the days just 2 of us were searching for a quick bite and I had passed Choice City and it was real crowded which for me is a good sign. We had sandwiches, beer, lingered over the food as we had appointments and plenty of time and the people were real friendly.

Tried a couple of beer we had never had before including an Avery brand and it was all good. Serving size on both sandwiches was good and the only negative was the amount of vinegar in the potato salda was just way too much.

A really good choice at a good price and we liked it a lot.

• Visited November 2012