“Been many times, but they burned both burgers this time”

Choice City Butcher & Deli
Ranked #35 of 592 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
KY
“Been many times, but they burned both burgers this time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I've eaten at Choice City numerous times, and always walked-away full and happy. Their sides are great (potatoe salad = yum!), the atmosphere is lively, and you can't beat the burgers. For some reason though, today was quite the "off day" for the crew at Choice City. My group of two came in on the slow Sunday afternoon, and ordered at the counter. After waiting 10ish minutes for our meal, we started to chow down. I took a couple bites, and noticed the burger was charred - not the good char, but the point it was almost burnt. I'm not one to usually say something about food being messed-up, but both people in my group had over-charred burgers. I notified the counter attendant, who gave me the "i'm so sorry! what can we do?" apology. I wasn't asking for anything for free, but really just notifying him that the food was just not done properly. He offered a free beer, which I declined.

I'll definitely visit Choice City again, but next time, on a slow afternoon, it would be better for the staff to not be singing to loud and somewhat rude in the kitchen, and actually be paying attention to the burgers they are cooking.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank hedjuk

Mystic, CT
“Packed and Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

We spent 4 days in Fort Collins and one of the days just 2 of us were searching for a quick bite and I had passed Choice City and it was real crowded which for me is a good sign. We had sandwiches, beer, lingered over the food as we had appointments and plenty of time and the people were real friendly.

Tried a couple of beer we had never had before including an Avery brand and it was all good. Serving size on both sandwiches was good and the only negative was the amount of vinegar in the potato salda was just way too much.

A really good choice at a good price and we liked it a lot.

• Visited November 2012
Marietta, Georgia
“You do not want to miss this Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Russ the owner appears to be there all the time. Great menu, in fact I ate there three times. two lunches and one dinner. Wine selection was good, beer even better. Steak was excellent, BBQ Burger excellent, Cheesesteak excellent. Kristi was our server on one night and was fun, helpful and just made the experience perfect.

Visited November 2012
Pueblo, Colorado
“Cool spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

We visited by chance while in town looking for a local spot for dinner. I'm a big Deli fan and this place didnt dissapoint. A great menu with lots of selection in addition to a great beer menu. Staff was friendly, service was not fast but the place was fairly busy. Would love to try other sandwhiches on their menu but the Colorado Reuben was very good.

• Visited November 2012
“Eh..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

The sandwiches arent terrible, its the same as any other 'deli' place out there. Don't go here to purchase your meat. Bad idea. Unfortunately they don't know much. Ordered a brisket from them, which cost a pretty penny compared to soopers or safeway, and they cut all the fat off. Didn't realize it til I got home. Meat turned out incredibly dry. What made me so mad is that the butcher even asked me what i was gonna do with it and how i would be cooking it, so what made him cut all the fat off, I will never know. Not a huge fan.

• Visited December 2011