“Wonderful experience”

Cuisines: Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I would not have gone to eat here because of the prices. Friends treated us. It was a tremendous meal but that said, the portions were small. The four of us split 2 appetizers, bacon wrapped dates which were excellent, and bruschetta which was nothing to brag about. Next the other couple split a signature salad topped with tuna. They ordered a large which was grand and should have been for the price paid.

We drank 2 bottles of wine while there and had our entrees which were 2 orders of short ribs off the tapas menu (you only get 1 rib but lots of mashed potatoes), Shetland salmon which was nicely portioned, and a pizza special that included lamb. It was tasty but probably not something I'd ever order again. For dessert we had crème brulee and biscotti and flourless chocolate cake. I didn't walk away hungry but then again we had a full course meal.

I would recommend it for special occasions but if I came again, I think I'd just order a couple of tapas and wine and call it good. Sure glad we didn't have to pick up this tab.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Vino

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We have visited Cafe Vino several times. My wife wanted to celebrate her birthday with family members. Our server (CASEY) was the most obnoxious and annoying server we have ever encountered. She treated all ten of our party as if no one had ever eaten at a restaurant that did not have a drive through window. She was not knowledgeable, she was opinionated. She was not helpful or informative, she was pretentious and condescending. When asked if a selection could be ordered a little more cooked than rare, she went into a lengthy diatribe about "flavor profiles."
She did not acknowledge my wife's birthday, nor did she even bother to bring me the glass of wine I ordered. Because our the size of our party, a 20% tip was added. While I normally tip in the 20 to 25% range! I did not think this excessive, except that it was rewarding rude behavior. The food has always been good and it was good that night. My recommendation is, if you see Casey approaching your table, either move or ask for a different server. Just a note: I am a past member of IACP, AIW&F, and a frequent attendee at the James Beard "Chef of the Year" award ceremonies.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We have visited Cafe Vino several times. My wife wanted to celebrate her birthday with myself and 8 other family members. Our server (CASEY) was the most obnoxious server I have ever encountered. She was not knowledgeable, she was highly opinionated. She was not helpful or accommodating, she was pretentious and condescending. When I asked if a dish could be cooked more than rare, she went into a long diatribe about "flavor profiles." She treated all ten of us as if we had never ordered at a restaurant that did not have a drive through window. In addition, she never brought me the second glass of wine that I requested. The food and ambience are fine, but if Casey approaches your table, immediately change tables or request a new server.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I came to Cafe Vino to celebrate our anniversary. We were aiming for "good food and good wine". By pure chance we arrived on a Sunday night when they were offering a 3 course dinner with wine pairings. We took the bait, passing up our other favorite, the scallops. Each course was delicious and beautiful , and the wines perfect! For desert, we had the toffee date cake, a favorite from past visits. We leave delighted. What a great place to eat !

2  Thank Srlundeen
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We went for their wine and tapas tasting night. My companions were not very educated about wine, so they stayed silent and had a great time. I asked the server questions...and she got each of the wrong! Cudoos to her, she didn't even flinch and just lied her face off, my companions loved it! On the other hand, I knew she had no idea what she was talking about. I was pretty pissed that I had wasted money on an "expert." However, we all had a great night, laughing at her inaccuracies, drinking fine wine, and getting a nibble or two at the tapas.

P.S. the tapas are delicious,. But you only get about 1/10th of what would be appropriate - they try to swindle you into buying more and more and more food!

keep in mind these kids have had VERY little/if any training for these events