“Nice surprise!”

Cuisines: Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2013

It is easy to see why this is one of the top rated restaurants in Fort Collins and why it is one of my daughter-in-laws favorite stops; great food uniquely prepared, nice selection of wines, and cozy with comfortable surroundings.
I stopped in for an early meal, and decided to have a flight of white wine and some Tapas, and I could not have made better choices. The Bruschetta du Jour was goat cheese and plum jelly, what a great combination. I would never have believed I would order a plate of just Meatballs, but I did and they were a delightful experience, as was the Duck Confit and the Beef Tartar, all wonderful selections. I also tried one of their Chiantis, and it was a very deep and complex wine that was a perfect complement to the Tapas selection. Next time I stop in, I will have to choose one of their Library Wines or maybe even one of their Dusty Library Wines, the wines look wonderful. Nice job, Café Vino!
I must also add that I have never encountered a staff as busy, helpful, efficient and as courteous as the staff at Café Vino.

2  Thank LoveToRV_2

Reviewed October 3, 2013

A wonderful find - visited for lunch on 2 occasions and both were very good plus good service - what more could one ask for?

2  Thank oblimov18
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great tapas and reasonably enough priced that a group of people could order one of each and gorge on them enough to be full. Their flights of wine are well priced and offer variety. Great organic locally purchased food which is awesome and hard to find. Beautiful atmosphere both inside and outside. Higher end and not really a college kid type place. Great for date night or girls night out.

1  Thank Midwest M
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I spent the final 3 nights of our tour of USA in Fort Collins. We ate twice at this top restaurant, as it was so good.
The staff are very friendly and professional and the food is amazing.
We chose from the Tapas menu on both occasions and I have to say that in Europe, tapas are very small dishes. Not so, here! There was ample for each of us with just one course. We both had the Hanger Steak on our first visit. This was cooked to perfection and had a most unusual sauce (tahini) with it, and a fragrant rice. The second visit, we had the chicken in brine: excellent, though not quite the unusual flavour of the first meal.
We chose this restaurant on the recommendation of Tripadvisor and also the hotel in Fort Collins. Their recommendations were justified!

1  Thank Margaret G
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I ate here with my wife for the second time recently, and it was a very good experience. They have some very unique menu items, and prepare them very well. Cafe Vino has a great atmosphere - it's nice to just sit and talk through several courses. The Toffee Cake was amazing.

The staff were outstanding, from our server Mel to the hostess. We were late for our reservation, and called to let them know - and they couldn't have been more accomodating. I work in hospitality and restaurants - I know what a hassle it is when reservations arrive late.
Thanks for a great experience.

1  Thank Critman07