“always great” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Vino
Ranked #26 of 590 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Collins, CO
“always great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Inventive flavor and texture pairings, attentive service, reasonably priced. Lots of parking nearby. Popular place!

Visited January 2013

• Turkish first
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

It just never fails, I enjoy it when I go. The wine choices are great and prices are not crazy high. The food is oh so yummy. Haven't had anything I didn't like yet. Highlights are fresh spinach mushroom pizza, bacon wrapped dates, and everything. I also love the atmosphere inside or out. Inside is cozy with a fireplace and long bar and nice little tables for intimate conversation or some larger for groups. The patio is nice with fire pit tables and some with a fountain. The noise off college is buffered by a wall so it doesn't seem noisy to me. Give it a try.

Visited March 2013
Denver, Colorado
“AMAZING FOOD!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The food my husband and I had at Cafe Vino was OUTSTANDING! We shared several small plates, each of which was better than the next. The food just explodes wtih flavor! The service was perfect as well! Great recommendations and perfectly timed plate changes.

We have been looking for a place like this since moving to Denver 6 years ago and now we've found it in Fort Collins. Definitely worth the drive! And it's employee-owned!

• Visited February 2013
anneeliz
“Crapshoot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Cafe Vino consistently has a decent wine list.
The food and service are very inconsistent. When the service and food are good, this place is great. When the service and food aren't good, this place is barely tolerable.
Here are examples:
I was here with a small group. Two of us ordered the same exact food item. My plate had nearly 50% more food than my dining companion.
Sometimes staff are incredibly professional and attentive; other times one cannot find their waiter for 20 minutes or more.
Unfortunately one never knows if its a "good day" at Cafe Vino or not. I will not come here for lunch on a work day anymore because of the inconsistencies of service, and I cannot wait 15 minutes for a waiter to show up.

Visited February 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
“Could Be Called Cafe Birra!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Walking in we found a pleasant pub-deli-like atmosphere. As we were seated we were handed a letter-size paper which I assumed was the extensive wine list as befitting the name of the place. Lo and behold it was actually the beer list! Some 20 or so beers on tap plus 4 bottled beers and another 20+ specialty beers. The beer list seemed to outdo the wine list of 15 red/white non-sparkling available by the glass. Certainly there are a lot more bottles available but when you compare it to the availability of the beer well....That said the limited wine-by-the-glass selection was quite good and i was pleasantly surprised to find an aglianico, one of my favorite grapes. It is also great to be able to have wine flights and better yet, build your own. I can't recall if you can get beer flights as well. The food was good and I dare say perhaps the best I had in my visit to Fort Collins. I'd certainly go back. The only negative really is the limited lunch menu. there are far more tapas to choose from at dinner but perhaps the limited lunch business dictates what the kitchen will produce. If it wasn't for the limited selection I would have rated cafe Vino excellent.

• Visited December 2012