“intimate place for conversation and a unique epicurean medley.”
Review of Cafe Vino

Cafe Vino
Ranked #28 of 601 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar, Cafe, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Collins, Colorado
“intimate place for conversation and a unique epicurean medley.”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Fort Collins is a pretty relaxed town. With a mix of college-influenced atmosphere, a micro beer lovers paradise and modest families, you can go out in your relaxed fit jeans just about anywhere and not feel out of place. The dining experiences reflect that with a number of low key bars like Lucky Joe's, Micro-brews and meals at Coopersmith's and wholesome family restaurants like Red Robin. There are only a few places that offer that unpretentious feeling while still being classy, providing Fort Collins with a more sophisticated affair. Cafe Vino is one of them.

Cafe Vino offers the best of both worlds, a premium coffee internet cafe by day and a European-style wine and tapas bar by night (this review will cover the late night tapas and wine bar side - the coffee and pastries will be reviewed at a later date). Located on the corner of College and Garfield on the main floor of an office building, their masculine decor of deep earthy browns, rock-faced fireplace, wood that was cut from one tree bar top and dimmed lights tenders an intimate place for conversation and a unique epicurean medley.

The stylish ambiance with discriminative dishes sets them apart from other hot night spots in Fort Collins. Feel free to don your relaxed fit jeans here because while they are a classy joint, they are still down to earth and friendly.

• Visited November 2010

• Turkish first
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Tastiest Food in Fort Collins”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I have been to Cafe Vino 4 times. Each experience has been unique and great. The first time I went with a friend for drinks and dessert, and another time I went with my sister and mom for a light lunch. The other 2 times I went with my husband.

The evening staff seems more attentive and knowledgeable than the lunch staff, but that may have been my experience.

I think the ambiance is best for an intimate evening. My husband and I enjoy eating out, and this is a special place for us now. I think the best approach is sharing small plates. The don't-miss dishes are the bacon-wrapped dates, the goat cheese peppadews, the scallops, and the ravioli trio.

Take your time and enjoy drinks and a nice dessert. This is not a place to scarf down food and leave. This is not a place for a fan of "all-you-can-eat" restaurants. This is a place for people who want a good conversation and delicious food.

• Visited March 2011
colorado
“truffle pizza MMmmmm”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

i go here just to get the truffle pizza and the bacon wrapped dates. i crave these. the atmosphere is nice. the service is slow so if you're in a hurry, sit at the bar and order. the drinks are unique and tasty. the patio seating is nice.

• Visited July 2011
Greenwood Village, Colorado
“What a great place!”
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We were in town for a wedding and had not been to Ft. Collins since college so things had changed. We were driving down College when we saw the lights from the street so we slammed on the brakes and strolled in. as one may imagine they have a great wine list. She did flight number one (chardonnay, riesling, and torrontes) I did number 3 (pinot noir, malbec, and Cote du Rhone). I can only remember the varietals at this time but they amy change anyway and the vintages certainly will over time. This Cote du Rhone was corked but was obvioulsy not their fault. I brought it to the servers attention as I thought it may have been old and thus started to turn but as an '08 it was obvious what happened. She felt bad and offered another selection from the list free of charge so I chose the Negromaro which I had never heard of. If you like a fruit forward and not overbearing wine try this one. It is easy on the palette and will look for this one some other time.
The seating was ample and the patio is the best in Ft. Collins hands down. One table has a gas fire in it and another has a fountain in the center. It is a little noisy because of College Ave in front but we couldn't have cared less. We unfortunately did not try the food but the food we saw people eating looked great and their comments were all very positive. They have more than tapas there but that is all we say people eating.
I didn't realize how much I missed this town and we can't wait to go back to try dinner at Cafe Vino some time.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank wahbal76
“Great tapas and beer”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

One of the best restaurants in FC without a doubt! Pliny the Elder on tap --all one needs to know. Staff is friendly and they know their stuff. Every visitor to our house is taken to Cafe Vino, usually more than once.

1 Thank ColoradoOwl