“Did not honor reservations...No room at the Inn..."we sold it!"”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
Denver, Colorado
“Did not honor reservations...No room at the Inn..."we sold it!"”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Had reservations booked through Booking dot com and had a confirmation. After a long drive, arrived at 7PM and was informed that we did not have a room, our room was sold.even though he was looking at reservation on his computer. On further inquiry the desk clerk gave the reason, unwittingly, when we asked if he could find us another room in the area..We were not going to find a room for the price we booked at because of the Cheyenne Wyoming Frontier days....Bottom line, our room was sold to the highest bidder.
But, wasn't a total loss, after viewing the lobby, the night clerk and the dinginess of this business we thought that KARMA was in our favor..Bad place, Bad opportunistic, scalping, Management.

Room Tip: Do not count on getting the rates shown on booking dot com.
Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank splitrimz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lake Isabella, California, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed here in May..When we got to the room it smelled like someone smoked in there. The floors were sticky, only 1 towel and the table grimmy. Looked under one of the beds and it had water bottle tops and a wash rag under it. there was no water glass or shampoos or even a bar of soap. I used the toilet and the seat was broken. We called the office so he could come see. He said they had no extra toilet seats but we could go purchase one and the owner would pay us back...then said jut be careful when sitting on it. Really? When we pulled the sheets back to go asleep it looked like it had been slept in. Was wrinkled on pillowcase with black short hairs on it. The other bed looked similuar but had what looked like small blood drippings in pillow case. We went to see if we could get our $ back and cancel the next to nights we were going to stay. The man in office said they ran your credit card earlier today and he could do nothing..so we just left thinking a waste of money and leason learned. He did not even try to accomidate us....Terrible.....

Room Tip: check out the rooms before paying
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sandy B

Travelers are raving about these Fort Collins hotels

Monument, Colorado
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We booked this hotel during a long camping trip in the Fort Collins area, planning to use it to shower only, and wound up staying the night. The room that we had was small, but comfortable and clean, and the manager went above and beyond to make sure that our expectations were met/exceeded during our stay. Also, the hotel was in a great location, close to Old Town and it had a grocery store right across the street. For a one-star property and the price we paid, we were pleasantly surprised!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor, and did not have any issues with noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CarolP508
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Nearly spotless room, small but very nice for this price range. Pleasantly surprised, much better than expected! Our room had carpeting but I peeped into some other rooms and they all had hardwood floors. Our room had a great bed + fridge & microwave in room. No coffee maker or hair dryer. Ironing board but no iron (get from front desk maybe?). Older model TV with LOTS of channels, including 45 Music Choice Channels (most appreciated!). Plenty of hot water & nice towels. Very clean bathroom. Strong WiFi signal, free & secure, get passcode from front desk.

Room had wood beam & plank ceiling, very pretty to look at but squeaks every time the people upstairs move, if we ever come back will ask for a room on 2nd (top) floor. Also, can hear everything said upstairs if AC fan is not running. Unit has fan only mode which is nice to muffle traffic noise & squeaky ceiling. Our room was surprisingly quiet given the amount of street/traffic noise.

Property is nearly as spotless as the rooms, seems to be very well maintained. All rooms are non-smoking. Basketball hoop, picnic table and barbeque grill on back parking lot. Drive up to room and park, don’t have to go thru a lobby.

Front desk staff very efficient, accommodating and friendly.

Simple breakfast: Today was bagels with butter or cream cheese , pre-packaged muffins, coffee & nice assortment of breakfast teas

King Soopers Grocery store directly across the street, plenty of restaurants in town, many deliver to hotel.

Pet friendly. Small to medium sized grassy area behind hotel for dog walking. We were not charged a pet fee.

First time at this chain, will try them again, at least this property. Our thanks to the hotel staff, enjoyed our stay, slept well.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms have wood beam & plank ceilings that squeak when guests upstairs walk.sit down o...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Reviewed October 27, 2012

After booking I read some of the reviews and, especially after reading about bedbugs, was a bit nervous. All I can say is this place was GREAT for us. So glad we stayed here and not at the Motel 6 which is more expensive and a lot less appealing. It's maybe a mile or 2 from Old Town. The first thing I did upon checking in was to look for evidence of bedbugs and found nothing. Very nice bed. It not the Ritz Carlton but for a little over 40 bucks I was thrilled.
Nice little mini-fridge and and ironing board. I assume you can borrow an iron if you need one. The housekeeping staff were very nice and attentive.

The owner was very nice and helpful and I got the feeling that if there WERE problems he would do his best to fix things. I stayed in Room 101. Perhaps the other rooms are different but all I know is we had no problems whatsoever and, for the price, I definitely give this place 5 stars. Now that I know this place exists. I will never stay at the Motel6 again!

Room Tip: Like I said, I stayed in room 101. Will write another review after my next stay.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Peter L
Farmington
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The staff was very nice and the property was well maintained, but my non-smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke. I know the owners have a hard time enforcing the non-smoking policy with their guests because idiot smokers don't realize how bad they stink and don't think anybody will notice if they smoke in the rooms. But I don't want to deal with the stench and would not stay there again for that reason.

Room Tip: don't go there if you're a non smoker
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank NewMexic0
rlberry, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
I am sorry that you had any problems with my property, and yes all Hotels have had the
had to deal with people smoking where they shouldn't and we clean it when it happen.
I'll have to say that I'm not sure if it was cigarette smoke you were smelling since at that
time we had 4 or 5 forest fires west of us and the smoke was drifting down regularly

Thanks RBerry
Fort Collins
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I'm giving 5 stars because based on the price, $50 our expectations were very low. However, the place was clean, everything worked and it felt safe. There was nothing wrong with it and for the price that was very cool.

On the North side of Fort Collins there are four inexpensive motels but this one is not like the other three. I can easily recommend these guys to anyone coming to Fort Collins on a budget.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scottandlacy
rlberry, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you very much, all of us try hard to give
good value and a pleasant stay