“Unique mexican-type food with funky fities decor”
Review of El Monte Grill & Lounge - CLOSED

El Monte Grill & Lounge
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: College and Prospect
Transit: Future development will have the Mason Street corridor at our back door. RTD bus stop with-in 3 blocks.
Reviewed August 28, 2012

It is a little pricey but there are some tasty things on the menu.I don't eat here that often but I do have a favorite on the menu. It is the Chili Relleno filled with steak. The flavor is wonderful! I haven't had anything quite like it. Some good salsa and guacamole. I was not impressed with some of the standard menu items. Interesting decor. Not a typical mexican restaurant.

ElMonteGrill, General Manager at El Monte Grill & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

We are proud of both our menu and our ambience! You are right, the steak relleno is always a great choice and is unique to us. There is something for everyone on our menu, and don't hesitate to ask your server for suggestions. They know our menu well! Thank you for coming in, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I really like the modern twist on some great mexican food, always good service as well. The specials are always original and delicious!

Our chef is a talented guy! We run dinner specials that are seasonal and original, and we use locally sourced products whenever possible. We also feature a "Tequila of the Month" drink special that is always a hit. Thanks for the review, and we'll see you next time!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

El Monte is 100% original. You won't find any Mexican menu retreads here. Great food, high quality, nice nightspot for the 35 and up crowd.

ElMonteGrill, General Manager at El Monte Grill & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you! We are proud of our menu, and you won't find anyone else quite like us in Fort Collins! I'm glad that you chose to visit El Monte, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We had our first meal here yesterday. Amazing. Steak was the best we have EVER had. Wood fired, tender, juicy. mmmmm. Green salsa was stunning. Love the hip but cozy vibe. Prices no more than you'd pay at any Applebee's and soooo fresh and good!

Thanks! Our steak is one of our most popular items. I'm glad that you enjoyed the vibe -- "hip but cozy" is a great description. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I guess they are normally not open for lunch, but they were because it was Fathers Day. The place was empty, so we got great service. I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of Mexican food, but the rest of the family wanted to got here. I was really surprised. I really liked the food. I had the queso fundido, and it was very tasty with local mushrooms. We had small children, and there was good items for them to chose from. Good place. We'll probably go again.

Thanks! I'm glad that you chose to spend Father's Day with us, and we hope to see you again soon!