“Enjoyable lunch in a nice location”

Union Bar & Soda Fountain
Ranked #56 of 686 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Description: Inspired by an American Diner & Soda Fountain, our recipes feature what we all love about comfort food, it's simplicity. Union's menu is approachable and crave-able any time of the day with Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner items served all day long (10am-10pm.) Our bar program focuses on fun and bubbly drinks; we put our creative twist on timeless recipes like egg creams, phosphate sodas and shakes.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I made our first Union Bar & Soda Fountain visit when we stopped in for a late mid-week lunch. We were seated at a table in this new, spacious building with an informal and friendly atmosphere. A pleasant waiter discussed the extensive menu after learning this was our first visit. In addition to bar drinks and a large number of traditional soda fountains offerings, there are plenty of food choices. My wife selected the Pimento Plate which had shaved ham, pimento cheese, a large biscuit, jam and pickles. This made a full lunch with one of the best biscuits she has had in a long time. I had a Coney Dog covered with chili and cheddar cheese and served with a mound of String Fries, plus I had a “small” Cobb salad and a Root Beer Float. The Coney Dog was large and delicious. The serving of fries was very good. The Root Beer Float was the best I’ve had in years. I soon realized I had ordered more food than I was prepared to eat at one meal, so I boxed the Cobb salad and enjoyed it the next day. We were happy with our lunches and plan to return to Union Bar & Soda Fountain. Width so many interesting menu choices, this establishment is definitely not your grandfather’s bar and grill. The kids’ menu is reasonable for younger eaters.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed November 7, 2018

I was pleasantly surprised by this place. It is relaxed, has a variety of seating options: high tops, low tops, bar area, sofa area. They have a fun menu with biscuits and gravy, hamburgers, pot roast, chicken pot pie, salads, and other interesting selections. The food is good, the portions are nice and it is nicely served on crisp white dishes. They have a good liquor selection and they do focus on drinks with bubbles. They also have ice cream and fountain drinks that are unusual. The only drawback is parking. It is hard to find, so plan on walking. Be aware that there is a large homeless shelter across the street, so walking at night should be done with a buddy and not looking at your phone. I have not felt unsafe, but awareness of your surroundings is a good idea!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 22, 2018

We stopped in for a late lunch and everything was fantastic. The atmosphere is laid back, but with lots of nice touches, like sofas outside, various seating arrangements, and nice restrooms. The food was delicious - it's not a huge menu, but it is interesting and varied. Drinks were tasty, the dessert was amazing (they'll make any of their shakes or sundaes dairy free, so they're now my new favorite restaurant!), and the service was flawless. We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

We love this place. We sit at the bar and drink bubbly drinks. We eat great burgers and salads and enjoy the cool atmosphere. The staff is great too! They have a fantastic patio with heaters built into the tables. Turning into our favorite spot in Old Town.

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Great bar and restaurant in Old Town. Nice vibe and friendly staff. Drinks focus on bubbles-drinks made with sparkling wine or carbonation, as well as ice cream and microbrews (after all, this is Fort Collins). Although there is a huge and attractive outdoor seating space, we always end up sitting inside at the bar to take advantage of the ‘bar only’ specials; salad and bubbles for $9.95 or burger and beer for $12.95. Both are great and a fabulous deal. Eventually, we’ll get around to trying the other great looking items on the menu.

Date of visit: October 2018
Ty F, Owner at Union Bar & Soda Fountain, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Thank you, BigThompson2013!