“Outstanding Surprise”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Highlands Ranch, Colorado, United States
“Outstanding Surprise”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I recently stayed at this Quality Inn & Suites in Fort Collins. I hadn't been there for over a year and a half. They have remodeled the property, new furniture, new carpet, new doors, new counters in the bathroom new TV's. it was just awesome. I was upgraded to the third floor suite. I also used the exercise room and the swimming pool. Breakfast area was also redone and the staff was very pleasant! I will continue to stay at this location every time business brings me to Fort Collins.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the East Side of the hotel
Green Features: The new lighting has made the hotel very attractive
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kindra V, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Clair T,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the many upgrades that we completed earlier this year. The hotel was nice and very clean before but now it really shines! I hope that the next time you are in town we can see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights while visiting Fort Collins’ many breweries.

The location, while close to some shops (there is a Barnes & Noble just opposite), is quite a long way from the main downtown area with bars and restaurants. During the day, you can catch a bus. The bus stop was about a 10-minute walk away, and the bus journey was also about 10 minutes. At night you’ll need to take a cab, which costs about $15 one-way, and again takes about 10 minutes.

The hotel is pretty nice. It has a nice reception area with comfy chairs. We arrived too early to check in, but the clerk was very polite and asked us to try again in an hour or so. When we came back, another clerk, equally polite and friendly, got us check in quickly. Hotel parking is free.

The room was a fair size, and had a fridge and a nice large-screen TV. The bathroom wasn’t very big, but good enough. The bed was comfortable, and there was a little sofa in the room, too.

The breakfast was well-stocked, with hot bacon and eggs, a waffle-maker, and the usual breads, pastries, cereals and coffee and cereal. Complimentary coffee was available at all times of the day.

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel, and would consider staying there again. However, if proximity to downtown is important, you may prefer to stay a little nearer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kindra V, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Loulabelle44,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I have let the front desk personnel know how much you appreciate their service and they wanted me to say thank you! As for the ease of access to and from Old Town I want to assure you that this problem will be remedied very soon. The MAX Rapid Transit Line will run directly behind the hotel with the nearest station less than a block away. The MAX is scheduled to open in May, this will get you to Old Town in less than 20 minutes. I do hope that on your next visit to Fort Collins you will again choose to stay with us, we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I thought this hotel was great, one of the better ones I've stayed in! All the service was great, staff was friendly. Rooms were very clean, pool and hot tub were very nice. Very close to restaurants and nightlife. Next time I come to Fort Collins, I will stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kindra V, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear ljt80,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to TripAdvisor. I am so glad that we were able to help you enhance your stay here in Fort Collins. It is important to us that our guests find our hotel to be a relaxing retreat to recharge before they go out and experience town! We hope to have you back very soon!
Missouri
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Quality Inn brand is a little sketchy depending on what city you're in. This was a pleasant surprise - instead of seeming like an economical, bare-bones hotel it actually was quite nice. Breakfast was pretty good - mostly continental with a couple of hot items. I had a suite with an extra area with a little sofa and coffee table - I didn't use the coffeemaker, micro, or fridge but those are available.

The bathroom was fine - big countertop and decent shampoo and soap. The mattress was a little firm for my tastes but it was nice and quiet. There's some seating in the lobby if you want to work or read the newspaper. The fitness center was good for a quick workout, or you can go right outside for a walk or run.

I'd definitely stay here again - among the lowest price in Fort Collins and convenient location - a little off the main road so not much traffic or noise.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Craig D
Kindra V, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Craig D,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to TripAdvisor. I am so happy that we were able to break the mold with our newly renovated Quality Inn. Everyone at the hotel takes pride in what they do whether it be serving breakfast, checking guests in or out, or cleaning the rooms so it means a lot when you as a guest enjoy your experience. I hope that you are able to come back very soon to take advantage of all we have to offer!
Mackinaw City, Michigan, United States
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Excellent customer service. Nicely done hotel and rooms. Really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Great wifi. Quiet rooms. Generous suite. Pool looked great but we didn't use it. Great college town, all upscale restaurants and shops.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sheryl C
Kindra V, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Sheryl C,
Thank you for taking the time to post you comments to TripAdvisor. You're comments were so complimentary and we greatly appreciate it! We have passed along your comments to our staff and they would all like to say Thank You! Please come back as soon as you can so we can treat you to true hospitality and service once again!
Utah
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was a great place to stay on our way home from a long trip to OKC. It was nice to stay at a clean newer hotel. There are a lot of places to eat close by. Hotel is a ways from the freeway but worth it.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kindra V, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear utahcrazy,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to TripAdvisor. We love to hear when a guest had a good time staying with us. I am happy to hear that you thought our hotel was newer, that means the renovation we completed this year accomplished its goal! I hope that the next time you come through Fort Collins you are able to stay with us again!
Park Forest, IL
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We came in for a family wedding, approximately for 40 people from all over the country converged at this site for the weekend (9-18 to 9-23). They could not have been more accommodating with the pre-wedding arrangements. The pool was wonderful. The staff, friendly, helpful, wonderful! lovely lobby and dining area that made meeting the new family a joy. Thanks for hosting the Fine-Fiordalisi wedding.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kindra V, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Mark F,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to TripAdvisor. We had such a great time with you and your family. From the bride and groom setting up the block of rooms all the way to picking up your luggage after check out we had so much fun. I hope that they next time any of you folks are able to come visit the happy couple that you will choose the Quality Inn & Suites. We look forward to seeing you soon!