Quality Inn & Suites University
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Marriott Hotel Fort Collins(Fort Collins)
  • Pool
Courtyard Fort Collins(Fort Collins)
View Hotel
Residence Inn Fort Collins(Fort Collins)
Comfort Suites(Fort Collins)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewstrain tracksolive gardenfront deskpool and hot tubyogurtroom was cleanthe main dragwaffle makervery nice staybiscuits and gravyexercise roomthe staff was extremely friendlydecent breakfastsitting arealight sleeperhot itemsold town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The location is very close to many restaurants, shops, etc. It is located right on the train tracks, however some of Fort Collins is exempt from horn blowing and this is one of the areas. So... you will hear the train but no horns. Rooms are above average in upkeep as are the common areas. Really can't add much to the other positive reviews.

Breakfast was the usual items, hot and cold, but in a big enough room you could enjoy it.

They have new owners who are planning a remodel, the displays of which are in the lobby area. My concern is that at this price point in my opinion the hotel does not need an remodel and therefore rates will rise once it's completed. Honestly it's a steal at the rate I paid and while I understand that owners wish to improve, sometimes I just want a cheaper rate with a clean room. Which this place provided very well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank rsiemers
Kindra V, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear rsiemers,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review to Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with the hotel. We did just complete our renovation this month and though we feel that customers will really appreciate the updates that we have made to the hotel we hope that they understand that if our rates grow they will not be out of your price range. We are after all a Quality Inn & Suites meaning that we are aiming to please customers just like yourself who want "a cheaper rate with a clean room." which we will still be providing. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel was clean, and the bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. I was traveling alone and I felt completely comfortable the entire time. I had no problems with noise and I my room was located at the top of the stairs, so I had a lot of foot trafic going by. Location was convient if you are planning on spending time in Fort Collins. I would rate this hotel as a step above a Super 8. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear Anna D,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you were able to feel very comfortable the entire time you were at the Quality Inn. We take pride in the service and cleanliness we provide and I am happy to see that you got that same impression. I hope that you will be able to come back to the hotel soon to see all the changes that we have made since you left.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Called to make reservation late yesterday afternoon (after 4pm) for a conference as we sent more people than were originally planning, wound up finding a room after 5 in the same hotel where the conference was taking place. Still charged credit card for room!!! This may be hotel policy, but the young gentleman on the phone did not indicate any such policy while on the phone. What a MAJOR rip off, he told me the card was only to HOLD the room and that when our people arrived they could use their own. Called today and the little girl on the phone only said mm hmmm, that is our policy and that ALL of her managers where out of town on a retreat and that she is not qualified to help but can take a message and they will call back on Monday 10/8/12, we'll see. I WILL NEVER USE QUALITY INN OR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATES AGAIN, the Holiday Inn Express is WAY better anyway.

Room Tip: Place is very skeezy
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ka S

Dear Ka S,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review to Trip Advisor. I am saddened to hear that your experience with Quality Inn & Suites was less than exemplary. I am happy though that we were able to come to a mutual agreement to resolve the issues you listed. We hope to see you back soon so that you may experience the true hospitality and service we have come to be known for here at the Quality Inn & Suites Fort Collins.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is the best hotel of our entire 2 1/2 month road trip. The hotel has been completely refurbished and everything is sparkling new and clean. Having said this I must warn about the nightly trains which are about 100 yards behind the hotel and woke us three times in the night. This was rough since we had a 500 mile drive the next day. I wish we had known so we could have requested rooms in the front away from the noise. Regarding our room: We have a lovely king suite--excellent online price--the list of amenities is long. There is fresh new bedding and furniture, a desk, table with 2 chairs, sofa in living room area, new flat screen TV, frig, micro, wifi, new carpet and paint, beautiful bathroom, tons of extra lights which is such a treat. The lobby, breakfast room and building exterior are also well above average---very quiet street with lots of trees, but still close to Colorado State University, shopping and restaurants. Nice breakfast with lots of choices. We definitely will return to this hotel if we have assurance of a front room when we book our reservation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear hotgrandmacwt,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review to Trip Advisor. I am very glad to hear that you loved our hotel as much as we do! The fact that you were so impressed with our hotel before the renovation was fully complete is very pleasing and excites me to see how much you will enjoy it when you return. The entire hotel top to bottom has been renovated to be much more modern and comfortable. We look forward to seeing you soon to see all the changes!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary last weekend at this facility and it was really wonderful. The king suite room with the whirlpool tub was so romantic and so relaxing! They should install handrails on the tubs for these suites (a little hard to stretch over even for someone tall), but otherwise we had a great time. The staff was so friendly and welcoming, the breakfast was very good (but you have to get up early for the supreme stuff), and the room was very clean and smelled fresh. Yes, there is train tracks at the back, but I only heard the train once. And, if you know anything about the history of fort collins, the train is a part of it. So, we didn't mind one bit. Take a swim in the pool at night, and you can watch the sunset which was an added bonus. Thank you to everyone who made our anniversary special!

Room Tip: Rooms in front of the hotel are best if you don't want to hear the train.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Julie S,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. It is so wonderful to hear that you were able to share such a special day with us here at the Quality Inn & Suites. Even more pleasing is that we were able to exceed your expectation and make your anniversary a memorable one. We have recently completed a top to bottom renovation of the hotel so unfortunately we no longer have whirlpool suites, but I hope that you might think of us again for your next anniversary and I can guarantee that we will make this one even more special than the last!