“Very good experience. I would stay here again if I was in the area.”

Quality Inn & Suites University
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We arrived at about 4 p.m. and had no problem checking in. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Coffee and tea are available 24 hours a day. Breakfast was pretty good and available from 6:30 to 9:30. It got busy a little later in the morning, but the selection was good. Waffles, fruit, cereal, juices, hard boiled eggs, pastries and yogurt were always available. A hot selection was available each day. The first day, it was eggs and bacon. The second day it was eggs and biscuits and gravy. Food was refilled quickly.

We had a king bed suite that faced the foothills. Amazing view and the windows even open to get some fresh air. We didn't even have to turn the air on and slept with the window open. Both the bed and the sofa bed were comfortable and the fridge/microwave was very handy to have in the room. My only (very minor) complaint about the room is that when the sofa bed is out, there isn't much room to walk from one end of the room to the other and we had a hard time finding somewhere to put the coffee table. If you didn't need to use the sofa bed there would be plenty of room and there was lots of room to put suitcases.

Location was very good. The hotel is just off College and very easy to find. There are lots of restaurants nearby and it's very easy to get to I-25 or Old Town.

There is a train track behind the hotel and there are some trains that run in the night but they didn't bother us at all. We even had the window open and barely heard them. If you're a light sleeper, you may want to bring some earplugs, but I pretty much take trains as par for the course out here.

We did not use the pool or hot tub but they looked very nice. The exercise room is very small with one weight machine, an elliptical and a bike. However, there is a nice trail that runs behind the hotel in order to get your exercise fix. We didn't really have time.

The hotel is decorated very nicely and is very clean. The only thing I wish it had is an outdoor seating area like a picnic table or something. We were looking for someplace to sit and enjoy the weather but settled for our room.

Overall, I was very impressed with my stay and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The King Suites are on the side facing the mountains. The queen suites are facing the city.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Kindra V, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Ehpride,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to Trip Advisor. It is fantastic to hear when a guest had a great experience at our hotel. We try very hard to meet and exceed the expectation of every guest and it seems in your case we were able to do just that. We have recently completed a top to bottom renovation of the hotel and everything is new and beautiful. I invite you to come back to the hotel to experience the superior service yet again!

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites University

Reviewed July 31, 2011

Decent location in that you're a little closer to old town and campus than if you stayed on harmony. Train track behind could be a prob if you were on that side. I wasn't.
I just wish they would refurbish this hotel. It really is a great space (not to big). But it is BEYOND DATED, both in appearance and comfort. Decor is not remotely stylish. Matresses are old and uncomfortable.
Housekeeping was lacking in thoroughness. Breakfast was Ok.

3 positives-the staff were nice, they can make a good cup of coffee and thank goodness the rate was $79 (would be quite unhappy if it had been a dime more). Unfortunately these nice, coffee adept people have nothing to work with and they have no power to change anything.
Right now your name is the 'not so quality inn' in my book. Will only
stay here again if there is a major
overhaul.

• Stayed: June 2011

Dear mstraveler617,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the look and feel of the hotel. I am very happy to explain that we purchased the hotel in 2012 and just this month have completed a head to toe renovation on the hotel just as you requested. All guest rooms, lobby, breakfast area, and pool area have been updated in addition to the exterior. I think when you do come back that you will fall in love with the hotel since there was so much else that you did enjoy. The location is the same and the service is even better than you remember. Please come back soon and let us know what you think!

Reviewed July 29, 2011

This is a nice property and the room was fine, however we live in a very quiet rural area and are used to sleeping with peace and quiet. Upon checking in we noticed the train tracks directly behind the property and got a bit worried. There were three trains that came rubbling by from 11 pm to 5 am, which woke us each time.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Dear skiguy07,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our property and the room in which you stayed. Please note that we took over the hotel in 2012 and have just completed a major remodel. I invite you and your family back to experience all the service and hospitality that we have to offer here at the Quality Inn & Suites.

Reviewed July 20, 2011

We recently spent 2 nights in this hotel and found that it did not live up to the previous positive reviews on this site.

THE GOOD:
Front Desk Staff - Very friendly and helpful.
Location - Nice to be set back from the main, College St. drag (no train noise heard during our stay)
Price - Good for Fort Collins, based upon my extensive research, but I will pay more for a different hotel next time.

THE BAD:
Overall Hotel Interior - Drab & dated. This place needs a major renovation.
Room interior - Again, drab & dated.
Room carpet - Stains & something sticky/wet between the 2 beds (I don't want to know what it was! UGH.
Bed - My bed smelled like bad body odor. I don't know if it was the linens or the matteress itself. Disgusting. It was hard to get to sleep. I accidentally knocked one of the bed pillows on to the floor between the bed & the wall. When I retrieved it, it was covered with short, black hairs. Again, UGH.
Bathroom - Did not appear to be completely clean. Hair was an issue.
Housekeeping - Did not show up until 3:15 PM. We had been out running around earlier in the day and had settled in for a nap. I assumed they weren't going to come. When I answered the door to let the maid know we didn't want housekeeping, because we were napping, she basically snapped at me & told me I should put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door. What hotel has housekeeping showing up so late? Who would have known? Honestly!

THE OK:
Breakfast - Just OK. Nothing special. Very limited.

I can't recommend this place and we won't be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LaurenTraveler

Dear LaurenTraveler,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the staff, location, and price of our hotel. I am even more pleased to inform you that we took the hotel over in 2012 and have just completed a top to bottom remodel and that you will hardly recognize the hotel when you return. All of the issues you had with the hotel have been address and you will be surprised at the results. I hope to see you back soon so that you can experience the service and hospitality that the Quality Inn & Suites has come to be known for.

Reviewed July 16, 2011

We recently stayed for a night at the Quality Inn in Fort Collins. We booked a one room suite. The room was big enough for the 4 of us but sadly there was hair in the bathroom, so it was not really clean. The pool area was also not very clean and the fitnessroom had 3 machines, there was no water (although there was a possibility), no cups, no desinfection and no towels, I picked one from the pool area which is nearby. There is a microwave, a refrigeratur an e& Ironing Board in the room. Beds were fine, so was the TV. Internet access and parking are free. They serve free hot breakfast, which was okay but nothing special to remember. All in all, it was an okay stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Dear Sunflower76,
Than you for taking the time to post your comments to Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations. I would like to let you know that we took over the hotel in 2012 and that all of the issues you touched on are now fixed. We take pride in our service and cleanliness and I hope that when you are in the Fort Collins area again that you will give us that chance to prove that to you. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed March 16, 2011

This is my third trip to Fort Collins since Sept 2010, and I'm so glad I found this place. It is in a perfect location for shopping and restaurants, and out of the main traffic area. As a member of Choice Privileges, I've taken advantage of their points rewards here... which was a real bonus for me. The king bed suites are on the west side and you can stare out at the foothills. There is a train track behind the motel, but I miss trains and have enjoyed the few times they came by... and I don't find them loud. Anyway, this is a great value for a 'suite'; large bathroom, fridge and microwave... it's like having a studio apartment for your stay. The computer in the lobby was great (after being in Aurora CO at a motel where the computer was so slow you could hardly use it)... and the people at the front desk are just wonderful. Excellent full buffet breakfast, and 24 hour coffee. I still wish I could take it with me everywhere!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank maxinerose

Dear maxinerose,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to Trip Advisor. I am so happy to hear that you enjoy our hotel so much! I hope that you choose us whenever you are in the area. We have recently completed a major top to bottom renovation and I would be so pleased to hear your take on it all. Please come back soon so that we can show you again what service and hospitality is all about!

Reviewed February 6, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights. Room was very clean and roomy (with a sitting area and small eating area. I appreciated the fridge in the room, but Ft. Collins has lots of moderately priced nice restaurants so I only stored beverages in it. The bed slept all right, but the in-wall heater was really very noisy. If you need quiet to sleep, take earplugs and use them. Breakfast was OK; it includes eggs, biscuits, gravy, fresh fruit, and the usual cold cereal/yogurt/bread. The Wifi works, but slowly (so be patient). Desk staff was friendly and we got a great rate for the room, but because of the noise I don't think I'll stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Isc_Denver,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Please note that we took over the hotel in 2012 after your stay and many of the issues you have touched on have been resolved. We have also completed a major renovation that included all the guest rooms and common areas. I invite you back to give us another shot to make this the best stay possible.