“Dried Italian basil in the Pad Kra Pao?”
Review of Bann Thai

Bann Thai
Ranked #114 of 619 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: If you haven't ever experienced Thai food- you are in for a great surprise. Bann Thai will become one of your favorite eataries to visit regularly. Thai cooking is all about the secret sauces- not too sweet, with intricately balanced flavors and seasoned to your level of spices. Bann Thai offers you the option to choose your level of spices- mild, medium, hot and super hot. We pride ourselves on serving a delicious, authentic Thai taste- a perfect and delightful dish every time.
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Need I say more? A standard Thai dish butchered -- without Thai basil, without ginger. A blend concoction with no roots in any known cuisine.

2  Thank scomoore1
There are newer reviews for Bann Thai

Reviewed August 29, 2011

My friend and I were the first people to arrive for dinner service, starting at 5pm. Sitting in a richly decorated small, red dinning room, I was a bit apprehensive noticing that we were the only people there on a Friday night. To me, that was not good news. An empty restaurant is the sure sign of a failing restaurant. However, our timing was only perfect, because as we were eating the placed became packed with people waiting for tables.

Dinner at Bann Thai was decent - very friendly and quick service with adequate food. It's worth going back again knowing that everything can be spiced more than what I had that night. If I had just a bit more excitement to my meal, it would have been great, not just decent. Fort Collins also really needs the type of variety that Bann Thai offers. Variety is the spice of life, right?

Reviewed July 11, 2011

We were in Fort Collins for a conference and had grown tired of the large crowds and loud restaurants in the downtown area, so we decided to give Bann Thai a try. We were not disappointed. The atmosphere was inviting and intimate; the service was efficient without being overbearing; and the food was well seasoned and fresh.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

My wife and I went to Bann Thai for Dinner on a Sunday night and were very pleased. The restaurant was not very busy so we were seated quickly. The atmosphere is warm with decor representing the Thai culture, not cheesy, but elegant. Our server was friendly and very quick about bringing our drinks and giving us just enough time to scan the menu and make a decision. My wife had the traditional Pad Thai and I had Red Curry with beef which I ordered hot and it was perfect. Both were rich and flavorful. I recommend both. The portions are large enough to share.

Reviewed June 3, 2011

Overall food was quite good. Service was marginal. The server was quite friendly but extremely overworked. She was the only one for the whole restaurant. Another lady came out of the kitchen occasionally.